Can local anesthesia for Chin Lipo be dangerous?

going to have chin Lipo with local anaesthesia the Docter I'm going to usually does it with sudatition ,because I was scared he agreed to do local on me but he still wants to do it in a hospital room.Can local anesthesia for chin Lipo be dangerous?Is It the same stuff they give you at the dentist? I've never had any kind of operation the only anesthesia I've had is at the dentist so I don't know how my body will react? I have 3 little kids and don't want to do anything that could put me in risk

Local Anesthesia and Chin Lipo

Thank you for your question.Local anesthesia can be very safe if administered correctly in the right setting with the right concentration, avoiding lidocaine toxicity, and injected into the subcutaneous tissue and not in the vessels assuming that you do not have any allergies to any of the components used.I hope this helps.

Neck liposuction under local anesthesia

Local anesthesia is very safe in the hands of an experienced board certified surgeon. We do all our office based chin and neck liposuction with the laser assisted PrecisionTx method and use local anesthesia in every case. Good luck.

Dr C

Neck Liposuction Under Local is Effective

I normally perform liposuction of the neck under local anesthesia because

1. well tolerated by most patients
  2. quick
  3. less expensive
  4. great results
  5. patients can drive home
  6. tiny incision

Christopher J. Ewart, MD
Augusta Plastic Surgeon

Neck liposuction under local anesthesia

Neck liposuction is a surgical procedure that can be performed under local anesthesia with the patient  totally awake, under sedation, or under general anesthesia. It really depends on the surgeon and the patient's preference. The procedure is still performed in an operating room ,usually as an outpatient surgery procedure. For more information and many examples, please see  the link and the video below