Unrefrigerated undiluted Dysport left in the car for 3 hours, can it be used?

Dysport unrefrigerated

Hi. Thank you for your question. In my experience it is better not use it anymore. It should always be refrigerated because it loses efficiency if its kept outside the frigerator. There are other botulism toxin products which do not require to de refrigerated necessarily. Unfourtunately this brand loses efficiency without refrigeration.

Thanks for your question. Unfortunately, no, Dysport should definitely not be used after it has been unrefrigerated. It should be appropriately discarded and replaced with new product. 

David W. Kim, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Unrefrigerated Dysport

Your question is of concern to me as it leads me to believe that you may not be a qualified medical injector. The PI specifically states the product is to be refrigerated. In the event that it was not your Galderma Rep I'm sure would be willing to replace the vial. Regards Dr.P

Can it be heated dysport be used?

Wow! I think I would not use that vial in my practice. It will likely be less effective or not effective at all. I suggest you seek an expert injector instead. Best, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

Dysport, Botox, Neuromodulators, Left Unrefrigerated

The heat will make the Dysport less effective. If you are not a medical professional, please do not try to inject yourself with Dysport or anything else. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Unrefrigerated Dysport question

This is not something I would use in my office. I don't know if you are a patient or a physician but don't know why you would have it as a patient. I have heard stories of physicians taking Botox in the desert to remote areas without refrigeration and it worked perfectly fine. The only risk, IMO, is that the strength of the drug is lessened.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Unrefrigerated Dysport

My first question is whether you, as a patient, were transporting the Dysport?  This isn't ideal for a variety of reasons, one of which is attention to proper storage. Dysport and Botox need to be refrigerated in order to maintain potency.  Summer time heat in a car is highly likely to inactivate the toxin, so the Dysport probably will not be effective. 

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dysport: quality control

Dysport is a medication injected into muscles to weaken them, so they pull less on the skin for fewer and softer wrinkles. Dysport is kept cold while it is transported and stored in the office to preserve the medication's potency. Allowing the bottle to warm up voids any promises that it will work. It does not breakdown into something dangerous, but there is no way to confirm that it will still affect your muscles. Botox is the same way. Only Xeomin can be transported dry at room temperature. I would not recommend using any medication that has not been stored properly. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon