I'm a kidney transplant patient (3+ months), is it safe to get a small amount of Botox between my eyebrows for my frown line?

Botox after Kidney Transplant

I am not aware of kidney transplant contradicting with Botox. It is always best to check with your transplant physician. 

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

I can see no contraindications to having Botox injections following a kidney transplant. To be entirely safe however, I recommend you clearing this with your kidney specialist. Best of luck to you.

Botox after kidney transplant

I don't see this as being a contraindication but I would recommend clearing it with your specialist and discolsing your health history to your treating physician.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Botox injection after kidney transplant

It's ok to get the Botox injection. Your kidney transplant will have no effect on the Botox or vice versa. Enjoy your Botox results!

Botox after Kidney Transplantation

You should not have any problems with Botox injections but consult with both your injector and your renal physician.

Botox after transplant

I have not heard of any contraindications with using Botox on transplant recipients.  As long as your doctor is fully aware of your medical history and all medications, etc. you should be able to proceed with appropriate caution.

Reza Tirgari, MD
San Diego Physician

Botox in transplant patient

There is no issue for botox use for your frown lines with the organ transplant patient. Botox is normally injected in to the muscles with a very thin needle in to the muscles which is quite superficial in this area. You should be fine!

Ram Chandra, MD
Edison Physician

Botox post kidney transplant

Cosmetic Botox is injected in extremely small doses and superficially targeted for specific muscles of the face.  I do not know of a contraindication to the correct use of cosmetic Botox in a patient after a renal transplant, but you should always check with your physician.  Thanks and enjoy your treatment.

Dr. Berdy

Jack Berdy, MD
New York Physician

Botox and Kidney Transplant

Spudmom,

There is no contraindication getting Botox, but you always want to consult with your transplant doctor/team to make sure you aren't on any medication that will cause concern. 

Dr. Theo Gerstle

Theo Gerstle, MD
Lexington Physician

Botox after kidney transplant

Botox isn't contraindicated and is injected very superficially. Always disclose your history and discuss with your Dr, but this is fine. Best, Dr. Emer