Is face and neck swelling common after breast augmentation?

Face Swelling After Breast Augmentation....?

No.  It is not typical to have a lot of facial swelling.   Mild swelling isn't too unusual though.   Whenever you have surgery, you will typically swell a little everywhere.   That is one of the reasons why you're not allowed to wear rings during surgery.    But if it is significant, I would consult your surgeon or medical doctor. discoverthebeauty.com

Swelling after breast augmentation

Facial swelling is a bit unusual after a breast augmentation. Some upper chest swelling is normal. Best to see your surgeon to review.

Swelling of the face and neck is most unexpected after breast augmentation.

I'm not certain why you would have swelling of the face and neck. This is something that should be reported to your own surgeon. Allergies to medications, especially antibiotics, can trigger generalized swelling.

Face and neck swelling

This is not a common reaction after breast augmentation and you should see your surgeon immediately.  This could be a reaction to something that could progress further.

Justin B. Maxhimer, MD
Boulder General Surgeon

Breast augmentation - is swelling of the face and neck expected

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.
  • Swelling of the face and neck is not expected after breast augmentation.
  • Please notify your surgeon immediately.
  • You may be having a reaction to a medication but whatever the condition, your surgeon needs to be in charge of taking care of it.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Breast Augmentation Swelling

Thank you for your question. Face and neck swelling are not common post - op findings following breast augmentation. I would follow up with your plastic surgeon for an in-person examination. Good luck!.

Face and Neck Swelling

Thank you very much for your question.

Face and neck swelling are typically not common after breast augmentation.  I recommend contacting your surgeon to discuss this, and possible be evaluated.  Could be due to fluid shifts, or swelling from medications.  Hard to say without an evaluation.  Best of luck!

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

Face neck swelling?

Thank you for your question. Face/neck swelling is not usual with BA surgery, but can occur. I suspect this will resolve quickly. Best of Luck

No

Most BA procedures take an hour or more and do not  cause swelling in the face and neck. I expect the swelling to resolve quickly, but you should call your surgeon if it persists past 48 hours. Without any other symptoms, this should go away quickly.

William C. Rigano, MD
Dayton Plastic Surgeon

Face swelling

Thank you for your question. Facial swelling is not typical for breast augmentation surgery. If there are any concerns please see your plastic surgeon.

Best wishes
TheodoreT Nyame MD

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician