Is my BBL an epic fail? It looks worse than it ever did before! Like a shelf more than a round butt. Absolutely sad (Photos)

I'm not sure if this is normal or just my emotions taking over. 7 days s/p TT, BBL, and Lipo to flanks/back/abdomen. I wanted BBL because I have always had the appearance of being smacked in the butt with a frying pan. Here I am 7 days later and I still see the impact of the frying pan. I had 9 pounds of skin and fat removed. The swelling is more than I expected, but I have shed tears over my butt. I just wanted roundness. Not sure what to do or if I am just overreacting too soon! Please help!

Too soon to make an assessment

Patients worrying about not seeing results during the first week after liposuction is probably the most common question posted  on RealSelf in the liposuction forum.

You need to give this at least another month or two.

Follow up with your plastic surgeon and share your concerns but this procedure requires time to see results.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Results & BBL

Hello and Great Question.  I appreciate the time you are spending researching this procedure.  My name is Dr. Matthew J. Nykiel.  I am a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, a Fellowship Trained Cosmetic Surgeon, and a Butt Augmentation Specialist.

It is way too early to tell what is going on.  You need to wait at least 4-6 weeks

Best of Luck!  Please reach out if you have any further questions or concerns.

Matthew J. Nykiel, MD
Butt Augmentation Specialist

Is my BBL an epic fail? It looks worse than it ever did before! Like a shelf more than a round butt. Absolutely sad

Thank you for your question and photos.  Sorry to hear about your disappointment with your surgery. Did you see before and after photos of your surgeon of patients with your body type and their results? Did you like them? There must've been a reason why you chose your particular surgeon (and please don't say that he/she was cheaper). It seems to me, that your sculpting was suboptimal all the way around. The small poke hole at top of you buttock crack is closed, and there's possible significant fluid accumulation under the skin (which should be expressed) or this area was poorly liposuctioned.  Unfortunately, you need to wait until your tissue swelling resolves and you heal. This should take 6-8 months and at that time you will need a reevaluation by your surgeon or get a second opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in advanced body sculpting techniques. Secondary surgeries are always more challenging due to the internal scarring created by the first surgery. Many people think that they need a "revision" only. To get a good result, you need your surgery redone. Good luck with your healing.