I am 22 and my teeth are rotting on bottom. Any suggestions? (photos)

I would like to know what could be done. I am only 22 my gums in the area hurt I'm scared to get false teeth I want them to be permanent. What could I do?

Doctor Answers 3

Your Gums!

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hi Sabrina from Clearfield PA!  Your teeth are not rotting but it looks like you have not spent a great deal of time brushing and flossing!  You have an enormous build up of plaque on your teeth and gums which will cause bleeding and pain. You need to find a dentist in your area and get an exam and deep cleaning to remove the calculus and plaque build up around the gum area and front teeth.  Catch it now before it is too late.!  You are very young to let this happen and your natural teeth are the best you will ever have so please take good care of them!

Van Nuys Dentist

Visit a dentist

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You do not have to be afraid, but don't let any more time pass before visiting your dentist. Specifically a periodontist. You need to have a proofing cleaning, get you gums healthy, and after that, I would suggest some tissue graft to cover up the recessions that have been caused. 
Dr. Galvá

Javier Galvá, DDS, MSc
Dominican Republic Dentist

Bottom teeth issues

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Great question and good photo--it would appear that the discolored areas are a build up of tartar or calculus on your teeth--this causes irritation and infection and recession of the supporting gums and bone. See a dentist soon--they will clean those areas up for you and get you back in good shape--I suspect your teeth and gums will heal up very well and you will nedd to see the dentist every 3-4 months in the future to keep the indfection from reoccurring. Good luck

You might also like...

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.