Will not wearing an arm compression garment really make a difference?

So I had, auxiliary, breast bulge, upper back a couple arm lipo 6 days ago. Problem? Wearing a compression garment on my arms drives me crazy. I had a bbl in December and have outstanding results and I only wore CG for about 2 weeks. Is my current lipo any different? Will my arms sag? As always I know to consult with BCPS. But I hear mixed answers. Has any PS seen a terrible arm lipo from skipping CG from someone within healthy fat % range? Thanks!!

Axillary liposuction - is the garment necessary

Thank you for your question about your axillary liposuction.

• Excellent question -
  • In my experience, the arm garment is not necessary after 2 weeks.
  • It think the reason is that we use our arms a lot and they are above the heart, so the swelling tends to go down.
  • Also the garments are almost intolerable - I have my patients use ace wraps instead.
  • If you were my patient, I would tell you to set it aside.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Compression Garments Make a Difference

Thank you for this question. Plastic surgeons have different opinions about the length of time patients should wear compression garments, which explains why you get differing answers from the surgeons you've contacted. At my practice, I recommend that my patients wear compression garments for a month after their procedures. Each case is unique, and there may be reasons to shorten or lengthen that time. Only the plastic surgeon who performed your liposuction is familiar with the details of your case, and I suggest that you follow the instructions you were given for the best result.

Arthur M. Cambeiro, MD

Liposuction and Compression

compression is essential in my practice to get hi definition results. I suggest you see an expert and folow their protocols.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Lipo garments

I prefer that patients wear a garment for 3-6 weeks, but there are some surgeons who do not have patients wear garments.  Best to ask your doc.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD