I chipped my front right tooth. How much does it cost to get this tiny chip repaired permanently? (photo)

My dentist repaired it using tooth colored resin but same day a piece came off...the last time he repaired it, it lasted for a few years. How much does it cost to get this tiny chip repaired permanently?

Around $200

The success of a small restoration on a front tooth like that is very dependant on how carefully your treat it.  If you tend to grind your teeth at night you might benefit from a nightguard.  It looks from the picture that you also have a small fracture on your other front tooth. In either case you can't be biting off hard things with your front teeth.  I would be reluctant to due some larger restorative procedure for such a small fracture.

Seattle Dentist

Chipped tooth

A tiny chip on the edge of the tooth can cost anywhere from a little over $100 dollars to well over $1000 dollars depending upon the procedure and material used. Bonding tooth colored composite is typically several hundred dollars whereas a porcelain veneer can be over $1000. As you have experienced composite bonding while less expensive can be prone to repeated chipping. If you are looking for a long term solution you may want to explore if there are underlying issues that are causing the chipping. One frequent cause is teeth or a bite that is not in alignment. This can cause the front teeth to come together in a manner that puts too much force on the edges of the front teeth and in this case no material would be permanent.  

Graham T. Egger, DDS
Federal Way Dentist