I was wondering if there was any way to get rid of the small bump on my nose without plastic surgery? (Photo)

the bump is on the bridge of my nose and it's fairly small. Most say I don't need to change it but I can't recall how many times others have said I have a "Jewish nose" and poked fun of my nose's appearance.

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty / Non Surgical Nose Job to Camouflage a Small Bump

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty is a procedure that I popularized 13 years ago and still perform on a daily basis. I see excellent results camouflaging small bumps such as the one that you have. All it takes is a small amount of filler above and below the bump and your nose will be straight on profile. There are several options of fillers. For a temporary effect of about 1 to 1.5 years I like to use Voluma. The result is smooth and natural looking and the filler is reversible with an enzyme injection if you don't like the result (almost never happens). There is a longer lasting filler called Bellafill that I use with patients who have had the temporary procedure. Bellafill lasts for many years and in some patients is actually permanent.
Whether temporary or permanent, Non Surgical Rhinoplasty takes 5 to 15 minutes to perform, involves minimal pain, minimal risk, no downtime or swelling and you can see the results immediately after the procedure. I think that it would absolutely be a great alternative to surgery in your case.
Hope that helps!

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty, Facial Sculpting Using Fillers Like Voluma, Radiesse, Lyft, Juvederm and Sculptra and Fat

Yes filler can disguise a bump and make the nose appear much more smooth but often a surgical approach is needed. I suggest seeing a cosmetic dermatologist with experience. Best, Dr. Emer

Nasal options

It is possible to approach your concern in a non-surgical fashion using injectible fillers to improve the concavity, or dip, just below the bump on your nose. However, for long lasting resolution of this problem, and any others you have with your nose, a rhinoplasty surgery would be a good option for you. I recommend an in person consult with a rhinoplasty surgeon in your area to further discuss your options. Good luck!

Mark Been, MD
Barrington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Reducing a Nose Hump

You have 2 options: Surgically rasping the dorsum of the nose OR camouflaging it up with a filler (in the depressed areas below and above it making it APPEAR straight ("Non-Surgical Nose Job"). The latter will have to be repeated every 1-1.5 years or so as the filler goes away.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Peter A. Aldea
Memphis, TN

Rhinoplasty for dorsal hump removal

A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish making the desired changes with all the incisions placed on the inside of the nose.The dorsal hump is composed of both bone and cartilage which must be shaved down in order to remove it. When removing the dorsal hump such as noted in the photograph, a flat top, open roof nasal deformity will be created from the frontal profile. Osteotomies are mandatory to close the open roof created when the dorsal hump on the nose has been removed. For many examples of noses similar to your own, please see the link below