I had a skin pen treatment 5 and a half months ago. I still have needle holes on my cheek. Will they fill in and heal still?

The holes are right where the skin pen was done. They make my skin look rough instead of smooth like it use to look. I have asked different doctors. Some say they might be permanent and others say that they should eventually go away.

It is abnormal for microneedling to cause permanent facial scarring, due to the fact that the instrument uses such small needles to create the tiny holes in the skin’s surface. This intentional and controlled injury stimulates new collagen growth, making the skin stronger over time. In your situation, I would be curious to see the before and after pictures. It could be that the the needle size was too big, if it truly is leaving you lasting marks. If it was the correct needle size, and the correct technique was used (assuming you do not typically have abnormal scarring history) I would say the marks should improve. I would definitely mention this experience prior to your next treatment, if you chose to have microneedling done again in the future.

Columbus Physician

Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision

I suggest seeing an expert for treatment, as a combination approach is needed for the best outcomes.  Posting before and after photos in the same standardized light would be helpful.  Best, Dr. Emer