I had a botox injection in my forehead for my famous "11" yesterday. How long does it take to heal? Can I go in the sun or swim?

I gotta say they're deep. But I noticed 2 lil bump like a mosquito bite size and they're a lil blue should I be concerned about it? How long does it take to heal? And I also have a pool party to attend is it OKEY to go in the sun and pool? Thanks in advance and have a funday Sunday

Botox and post-op

Botox in the "11"s is a perfect area to do during the Summer to help avoid squinting further and making those lines deeper.  The little bumps may be local bruising or swelling from the injection and should resolve fairly quickly.  There is no contraindication to swimming or the sun.

Botox and healing time

If your 11s are not too deep then you will have the area smoothed out within 5-7 days after injection.You can go in the sun and swimming a couple of hours after injection.There is not healing time that is needed with the injection of Botox.

Botox healing?

No time is usually required for Botox healing,that's the beauty of it.However since it injected with a needle some will get a small bruise or two.If there is a bruise apply ice on and off for 48 hours,makeup is fine to hide it at any time.You should be using a hat and sunblock even if no bruise to protect your investment , ie prevent future wrinkles.In the future ,if possible and Ok with your other doctors , avoid NSAIDS and other potential anticoagulants a week before your next injection to minimize future bruising 

Robert Savage, MD (retired)
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Bump

Bumps are common immediately after injection but, bruising is rare. Go ahead with your plans. Your botox should kick in 4-10 days after injection.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Glad your "11s" are famous...sure the rest of you is too...

no restrictions on your activities...enjoy the pool party with a good dollop of sunscreen and a hat...the botox will help within several days but it takes 1-2 weeks to obtain maximal benefit...any bluish / purplish discoloration (bruise) should go away within a few days...the bumps even sooner...have fun...but hear the weather's likely to be somewhat cool in Chicago this weekend...

Ken Landow, MD

There are no contraindications for swimming or going in the sun.

There are no contraindications for swimming or going in the sun. Although avoid any exercise for 24 hours after Botox injections.

Enjoy!

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Botox and bruising

Your small blue bumps are likely bruises that will fade in a few days.  It can take up to 10 days to see the full effect of your Botox injections.  Have fun at your pool party and use sun protection.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

You should be ok for activity after Botox injections

Most swelling and discoloration will go away relatively quickly after Botox injections.  You may have some areas that will last for a few days or more, but you should be ok for all activity starting 4 hours after your injections.  Just make sure to wear SPF 30 or higher sunscreen when you are out in the sun.  Enjoy your pool party.