Will Hidradenitis Suppurative affect my procedure for Liposuction or Brazilian Butt Lift? (photo)
Doctor Answers 3
Active hidradenitis will increase the risk for infection with any operation.
Liposuction with active hidradentis suppurative
- You question is very reasonable and very important.
- I worry about any surgeon who wants to do liposuction in an area of active or chronic infection.
- Your hidradenitis should be under control before any surgery in the area -
- And often surgery is needed to control hidradenitis.
- I would suggest you get a second opinion from a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon before having this liposuction.
Hidradenitis and cosmetic surgery
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.