When can I dye my hair after botox and 2 fillers in face?

I am having Botox on my forward, Radiesse on my cheeks and Restylane on the sides of my chin. How long should I wait to color my hair. I do bend my head down to get the dye into the back of my hair. I have had this before and only lightly have washed my face after 24 hours and have been careful for up to 48-64 hours to exercise, etc. I am afraid of the Radiesse and Restylane moving out of place. My doctor cannot answer this question for me.

Dyeing hair after Botox and fillers

In my opinion it always good to wait at least 24 hours before exercise, so the same would go for bending down and dyeing your hair, the Botox and fillers will be settled in place.

Avoid vigorous massage of treated areas for 4-6 hours

The main concern would be with displacing the botox or fillers. With botox this could affect the forehead injection. With fillers, it is unusual unless you have the temples injected.

Wait 24 Hours After Botox and Fillers/Facial Scupting for Strenuous Activity

Just to be safe, I'd wait 24 hours before dying your hair, as long as you're not swollen or uncomfortable. The fillers and Botox should not migrate after that time. Best, Dr. Emer

Having hair dyed afer Botox or fillers, when is it safe?

The day after you have Botox or fillers, it is safe to have your hair cut, dyed, or colored.  The treatments will not affect the Botox or fillers.

John Zavell, MD, FACS
Toledo Plastic Surgeon

After 24 hours is recommended by most practitioners. Avoid strong and vigorous massage on areas injected as it may cause product migration and undesired results.

Georgios Ziakas, MD, FACS
Katy General Surgeon

I usually recommend the next day on for cosmetic treatments. Bending will not effect the fillers but I recommend at least 4 hours if Botox/Dysport injected.

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

Typically next day

I do not have any problem with my patients dying their hair a day after having their injection.  I also tell patients to limit strenuous exercise for a day.

Gregory D. Roberts, MD
Richardson Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hair Dye and Botox

Thanks for your question! You can dye your hair at any point after receiving Botox and fillers. As a general rule we have clients avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours after Botox or dermal fillers, but hair dye is fine! Dr. M

Jared Mallalieu, DO
Annapolis General Surgeon

Botox aftercare instructions

Thank you for your question JoyceM16. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression. After a Botox treatment I recommend avoiding heat exposure, alcohol consumption, and strenuous exercise for 24 hours and avoiding lying flat for 4 hours. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations.  Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Dying hair after procedures

You can go ahead and dye your hair but just don't rub your forehead or face for 24 hours. be sure you are seeing a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist