How can I protect my cosmetic tattoo on eyebrows during laser treatment?

just recently got a cosmetic tattoo on my eyebrows. I would like to try Genesis treatment to reduce the size of my pores. Is there any way I can block my eyebrows during the procedure to prevent premature pigment fading?

Eye brow cosmetic tattoo and Laser Genesis

Absolutely ! Here at Barbara Persons Plastic Surgery, the laser beam is blocked (prevented) from touching the eye brow by covering the eye brow with a tongue depressor when the forehead is treated. The laser genesis hand piece is easy to manipulate around the eye brow and thus prevent the laser from touching the tattoo. 

Getting Laser Genesis with Tattoos

To be honest I'd not recommend gauze near your eyes during a treatment. I was once at a demo where they did this and the technician paused just long enough to look up and the gauze caught on fire! So if I have a patient that needs to protect a specific area during treatment there is special tape that can be used. Gauze is not a great idea!"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Laser Genesis Treatment

Hello and thanks for your question. I would suggest that you tell your provider that you recently had your eyebrows tattooed so they take extra precaution. At our office we use gauze to cover the eyes and eyebrows followed by stainless steel googles. Regards, Dr. S. 

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser Genesis with cosmetic eyebrow tattoo

The provider can easily protect your eyebrows with goggles or even moist sponges during your procedure.

Suzan McGary, MD
Williamsport Thoracic Surgeon