Had a laser genesis facial yesterday. How long should I wait before using my AHA/BHA cleanser & night cream?

The peel I had was a salycitic acid peel, with the laser therapy on my upper face (forehead & cheeks only - not over my stubble!) I also had a small test patch of ipl for pigmentation too

Gentle treatment for 7-10 days

I would suggest that you avoid your AHA/BHA cleanser for at least 7-10 days. Your skin has been put through the ringer and you want it to calm down and heal before starting up your normal skin care routine.

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

How long should I wait before using my AHA/BHA cleanser & night cream?

Thank you for your question. It sounds like your skin has been through quite a lot with the peel, laser genesis treatment, and test patch of IPL. It is best to wait about 7-10 days before continuing with your normal regimen, especially with the AHA/BHA cleanser. In the interim, you may care for your skin with a gentle cleanser and gentle moisturizer with SPF.

Neil Sadick, MD

Genesis Facial

Without knowing the strength of your chemical peel it is impossible to direct you on how long to wait before resuming your normal skincare regime.  However, generally it is a 5-7 day waiting period after these procedures.  Dr. Tam

Alison Y. Tam, DO