Chemical peel before wedding 2 weeks away? Prestige peel. Should I get one?

If I am getting married on April 2nd, should I get a prestige peel on March 14? Will my skin be smooth by then for pictures etc. or should I wait until after wedding. I am 52 yrs old

2 weeks way!!! Are you crazy??

Please consider yourself done.  If you have not gotten it done by now-just forget about it.  Let the photographer doctor your photographs in photoshop.  Even a 52 there is always a lot going on just before any wedding.  Just enjoy yourself and after the wedding is over and the dust has settled, then consider getting work done.

Getting Ready for the Wedding

The wedding is a big day and your skin has to be equally ready.  I would advise against doing a chemical peel 2 weeks before the wedding or something that you have never had before.  Chemical peels or Clear and Brilliant (which is a mini-fraxel) are all excellent treatments.  But if you have never done these before I would not do it right before the wedding.  As with all cosmetic procedures please find a board certified dermatologist for the best results.

With only 2 weeks, time is of the essence for chemical peel

Thank you for your question. You will want to wait on any treatment that is aggressive.

With only two weeks, a 2-3 day recovery is needed.  If you are going to do anything, a Nano Laser Peel might give you the radiant skin you are looking for.

To be sure, see two or more board certified and experienced plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS