What type of compression garment is best for just Lipo of flanks area?

Thank you for your question. Most plastic surgeons meet with their patients before the day of surgery for a pre-op visit.  During this visit, the surgeon will provide detailed instructions to follow including which compression garment to get. I would recommend calling your plastic surgeon office to set up this appointment as each surgeon’s recommendation may differ a bit. Good luck!

What type of compression garment is best for just lipo of flanks area?

Thank you for your question.  Your plastic surgeon can best recommend what they would like you to do after liposuction.  I typically put my patients in an abdominal binder following liposuction to the flank and this is placed at the time of surgery.  Also, Spanx underwear garments that come to the upper abdomen can at times be used as well.  Be sure to check with your plastic surgeon to verify their recommendations. Best of luck to you.

Chad Robbins, MD

Compression Conundrum--Liposuction aftercare with Venus Legacy, Exilis Ultra, Cellutone

I recommend following up with your Dr about their compression protocol. I do recommend adding RF treatments externally like venus legacy, exilis ultra, Vanquish, shock/vibration therapy like Cellutone/z wave, hyperbaric oxygen with your compression in order to decrease swelling and improve results. Best, Dr. Emer

Compression garment and lipo

Some surgeons do not use compression garments after lipo, so it is best to ask your surgeon his preference.

Compression Garments After Liposuction

The purpose of wearing a compression garment after liposuction is to reduce swelling and fluid collection and to improve contour.  Basically, to achieve that, you need something that is quite snug but that is comfortable enough to tolerate.  Similar to bras, there are hundreds of styles of compression garments made by a variety of companies.  Usually, your surgeon will have a personal preference and will either provide you with a garment or give you instructions about where to get one.  Not every garment works for every person however, and I usually tell my patients that if the garment I provide is uncomfortable, not fitting well, or intolerable, that they may substitute it with something that is.  This might be a Spanx, control top panty, bike short, or similar exercise garment or might even be another post-surgical compression garment that they prefer.  I recommend speaking to your surgeon because he/she might be able to provide you with some good alternatives.  Good luck!

The best compression garment

The most simplistic answer to your question is the best compression garment is the one supplied by your plastic surgeon.

Here she will have experience with the garments they use including sizing and which style is most appropriate.

In the end having the right fit is probably going to be more important than which brand.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Liposuction - what is best compression garment?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• Great question - there are several approaches.
  • A velcro-adjustable binder (waist band.) I find however that the compression may be good at the back but not the front or sides. 
  • A girdle - these are most commonly used and work well but the waist bands may be uncomfortable.
  • A short leg jumpsuit with binder - this is ideal but the most expensive option.
  • So ask your surgeon what s/he thinks will be best for you.
  • We use Marena which makes excellent garments. The factory is in Georgia and they deliver fast.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Compression garments

We use Design Veronique because they have a vast variety for all shapes and sizes.  In your case, a good binder should be sufficient.

Edward J. Bednar, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Compression garments

there are a multitude of compression garments for post  operative liposuction care. They start with a simple binder and progress up to a custom piece. Most plastic surgeons have a preference for their patients, check with your plastic surgeon for their recommendations and use whatever they suggest.

Laura A. Sudarsky, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Compression garment

The best compression garment is one that fits you snugly, provides good even compression of the areas treated, and one that you will like wearing for the duration of your recovery period.  While one garment may have better compression, if you are averse to wearing it and remove it too frequently, then it is not doing what it is meant to be doing.  And remember that your body will change in the weeks after your surgery.  Your body will swell slightly after liposuction, then start the process of shrinking.  Therefore you will either need to have a garment that fits well throughout this period, or you will have to change garments according to the fit.

Tito Vasquez, MD, FACS
Southport Plastic Surgeon