4 weeks after Lipo and still in pain and tightness, are these my final results or am I still swollen?

I had life all done about four weeks ago. My body is still very tender. I wear my compression garment 24 hours a day I only remove it when I get a massage or take a shower. Are these my final results and am I still swollen? How many inches will I lose. Also what my skin get tighter.?

Pain and tightness after liposuction

Following liposuction it takes time for fluid to be absorbed and swelling and bruising to decrease.  Typically it takes 3-6 months to realize your final result.  Wearing the compression garment, as you are, will help to reduce swelling and fluid collection and to improve contour. Typically I ask my patients to wear the garment 24/7 for 6 weeks.  At four weeks post op, you are still bruised and swollen and some of this will resolve.  

It is difficult to discuss loss of inches, as there is no standardized way to measure this.  Typically liposuction is measured in cc's, which is a volume measure.  Your surgeon should be able to tell you how much was removed during your procedure.

One of the down sides of liposuction is that it doesn't address loose skin. Similar to after pregnancy, some woman have thick, elastic skin that will shrink down with weight loss or liposuction.  Others have thinner skin that doesn't fully recover.  Stretch marks form when skin is stretched beyond its ability to recover.  The presence of stretch marks on your abdomen, and the loose skin above and below your belly button suggest that you will not likely get much skin tightening following this procedure.  The best way to address the loose redundant skin is with a formal tummy tuck (abdominoplasty).  Speak to your surgeon about your concerns. Good luck!

Four week results after liposuction

Based on the fact that you're still tender you most likely have some persistent swelling.

You're probably looking at most of your results though the areas on most likely soft in and some swelling will still go down.

I generally do not refer to patients as losing inches or wait for liposuction.

There's really no way for us to determine this not having done the procedure, knowing your preop size shape or wait at Cetra.

Your skin will most likely not contract anymore.

I suggest following up with your plastic surgeon and having him or her address your concerns.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Liposuction - will it get any better?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• You are early in your healing and five months away from your final result.
  • However you have extensive stretch marks and seem to have loose skin.
  • Unfortunately this means your skin cannot tighten much, if at all. - and will respond poorly to any office skin tightening treatment.
  • I would have thought that your plastic surgeon would have recommended a tummy tuck? Your photo suggests that this would give you the best result.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

4 weeks after lipo

Thank you for your question. You are still in early phase of healing. it will take upto 4-5 months to see results and swelling to go down. It is not a bad idea to consider skin tightening treatments like venus legacy. Please talk to your PS and express your concerns 

Still Swollen--Add Venus Legacy, Exilis Ultra, Cellutone/Zwave to your aftercare

You are probably still swollen which can take 3-6 months to resolve. I do recommend adding RF treatments externally like venus legacy, exilis ultra, Vanquish, shock/vibration therapy like Cellutone/z wave, hyperbaric oxygen and compression in order to decrease swelling and improve results. Best, Dr. Emer

Still swollen

Thank you for your question.  It typically takes between 3 and 6 months for all of the swelling from any procedure, especially liposuction, to completely resolve.  That being said, you have a significant amount of excess skin above and below your belly button as well as stretch marks.  You appeared to be a very good candidate for a tummy Tuck to eliminate this excess skin and completely flatten the abdomen.  This excess skin will not tighten on its own.  I recommend consulting with one or more board certified plastic surgeons to discuss your options.  Best wishes!

Lipo at four weeks

At four weeks out you are still likely very swollen. It can take 4-6 months for the majority of swelling to disappear.