2 weeks post-op BA, I would like to know if the will they get lower, lose more volume, and have a more natural look?

I'm two weeks post operation with high profile silicone 420cc and I was size AA pre-op I'm 5'2" and weigh around 128pounds My implants feel very large and are 2.5 inches from my collar bone so they look very high

Breast Augmentation 2 weeks post- op results

Two weeks post-operative is way too soon to consider your result final. In most cases, it takes at least several months for the tissues to adapt. Imagine if you were suddenly 9 months pregnant, your skin would not be able to adjust to the size that quickly. Give your body some time to adjust. 

*Opinions stated here are only opinions, they are not based on a clinical exam which is recommended. 

Smooth round implants will descend

and your should to some degree as well.  Your surgeon, who should share the same interests as you to have the best outcome possible, should be advising you on maneuvers to help them settle faster.

Curtis Wong, MD

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. Of course they will settle after they start to heal, your body needs time to assume them. They will settle with time and get a natural appearance.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

High implants

Be patient- it will take several months for your implants to soften and settle. They will drop quite a bit over the next 6-8 weeks, but small changes will take place over the first 3-6 months, especially considering the size of the volume change for you. It takes time for your skin and breast to accommodate your implants. Keep your surgeon in the loop with any questions or concerns you have as you recover. Best wishes. Dr. Nadeau

Meghan Nadeau, MD

When will they drop

Given your small frame and size of implant, I would expect it to take 2 full months for things to settle and soften. Hang in there and keep your surgeon informed of any and all concerns. Best wishes.  

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Normal healing process

You are still early in the healing process after breast augmentation. As the implants soften, settle and drop the breast shape will change. It can take 4-6 months before the implants look and feel like they belong to you. Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have for his or her evaluation and advice . Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes,M.D. 

Vistnes Plastic Surgery 

San Francsico Bay Area

#realself #breastaugmentation #drdeanvistnes

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. Without pictures or an exam, it is hard to give you specific advice. But what your are describing is very common at two weeks after a breast augmentation. As time goes by and your implants settle, they will get lower and will not "lose" volume but will lose upper pole fullness as they descend into a better position. They will look more natural. But this process can often take 3-6 months to fully mature. Be patient and keep in touch with your plastic surgeon.

Dallas Buchanan, MD
Spokane Plastic Surgeon

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure.  

Generally speaking, breast implants will "drop" into the pocket that was created during surgery. The rate of breast implant "settling" may depend on factors such as size of breast implant pocket dissected, tightness of the overlying skin/muscle layers, and size of breast implant utilized. Normally, it takes about 3-6 months (for some patients longer) to see the final result. 

Many of my patients report that as the swelling around the breast implants (for example, in the sternal area) decreases, they feel that their breasts appear more projecting (and that they have better "cleavage"). Also, in my opinion, the "drop and fluff” phenomenon does hold some validity; as breast implants “settle”, many patients feel that their breasts actually look larger. Similarly, it takes a few months for the breasts to "soften" in most cases.  Most of my patients tell me that their breast implants feel "part of them" somewhere between 3 to 6 months after surgery was performed.  

There is definitely a physiologic and "psychological" (body image)  adaptation process that occurs, at differing rates for every patient, for patients who undergo any type of aesthetic surgery, including breast  augmentation surgery.  Understandably, patients often experience significant emotional "ups and downs" around the time of surgery.

Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with long-term. 

Two weeks post-op BA

You should follow up with your surgeon to get their evaluation. They know exactly what they did at surgery and how they expect things to look at this point. They can then monitor your progress over time. The swelling will subside and implants should drop into a more natural location over several months. 

Paul M. Parker, MD, FACS
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Post Op Appearance

Shortly after surgery there will be swelling of breast tissue and pectoral muscles which causes upper chest fullness and a squared  appearance to the breasts. Tissue is tight and this can compress the implants up and outward temporarily.

I recommend that you try to wait until closer to 6 months post op to evaluate your results.

Take care

Jerome Edelstein, MD