Am I a candidate for Kybella? (Photo)

Just talked to my plastic surgeon about Kybella? I am 47, weigh 134. He said the cost is $1,500--- is that per treatment or for all treatments? How many treatments might I need? Would you recommend this over chin lipo? If so, why?

Am I a Candidate for Kybella?

Kybella is used to help decrease the appearance of fat that hangs below the chin, sometimes called a double-chin. If you have submental fat or a "double chin" that you want to get dissolved then you are a candidate for Kybella. A typical treatment schedule will include 4-6 visits, depending on how much chin contouring is needed and each visit is about 20 minutes long.

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Am I a candidate for Kybella?

From your photos, I believe Kybella would be an option for you.  Neck liposuction, with or without a neck lift would be alternative options, as well.  In most cases, Kybella requires 2 to 3 treatments spaced approximately 6 weeks apart.  Costs can run between $1,500 and $2,000 per treatment.  Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon who performs all of these procedures.  Once you have been examined your doctor should be able to advise you on which treatment would be best in your case.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Kybella: A Solution for Fat Beneath the Chin

Kybella is an exciting new FDA- approved treatment for submental fullness, or  a double chin. Kybella (Deoxycholic Acid) is injected into the fat pad under the chin for permanent results. Often 2 or 3 treatments are needed to completely contour the chin and remove the unwanted fat.

A skillfully trained provider can determine if you are a candidate for Kybella vs other surgical neck procedures.  The procedure is safe and effects are evident even after one treatment!

#Kybellatreatments     #doublechin  #fatreduc iontreatments

Kybella vs Coolmini vs Liposuction

Fantastic question! Good to know all of your options.
There are multiple factors that go into answering this question...
If there is a lot of fat, liposuction is your best bet. This can be done in-office under local anesthesia.
If surgery is not something you are comfortable with, Coolsculpting would be your best bet financially... as long as the Coolsculpting applicator fits and you are okay with more time to see full results (than liposuction). If your jaw is too small or the amount of fat too little, the CoolMini may not fit.
Lastly, if you have a small amount of fat and the CoolMini applicator doesn't fit your face, I would go with Kybella. There is a significant recovery period with Kybella and the product is not cheap. That is why I reserve it for people with a small amount of submental fat.
All three will give you some skin tightening.
My best,
Dr. Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Candidate for Kybella

If you have submental fat or a "double chin" that you want to get dissolved then you are a candidate for Kybella.  Kyle costs $1500 per injection treatment and usually requires 2 to 4 treatments depending on the degree of fat and the area involved.  Best, Dr. Green

Choosing Kybella for Chin Fat Treatments

KYBELLA® is used to improve the appearance and profile of moderate to severe fat below the chin --often referred to as a “double chin .
Kybella is a cytolytic drug, which when injected into tissue physically destroys the cell membrane. When properly injected into submental fat, Kybella destroys fat cells getting rid of unwanted double chin fat.

We suggest 2 or 3 treatments scheduled 4-6 weeks apart . Our patients have seen noticable improvements at every treatment!

#chinfattreatments   #Kybellafattreatments   #Kybellafattreatments

Kybella vs. Laserlipo

Kybella is a wonderful option for patients who are looking to treat a pocket of fat directly under the chin.  I would assume the cost you were quoted is per session.  Our practice offers both Kybella and LaserLipo.  If you have a good amount of excess fat and volume in areas other than just the "double chin," I would recommend Laserlipo.  We perform our lipo in the office and there is very little downtime with the treatment.  Cost actually are similar at our practice for a series of Kybella vs. Lipo.  You are able to cover a larger area with Lipo and strengthen the jawline.  I would consult with a provider that has multiple options so that they can offer the best treatment suited for your individual needs. 

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hello DisneyKirsten,

Most physicians are charging per treatment which generally includes up to 2 vials. Each patient differs, but generally most patients need 2-4 treatments spaced anywhere between 6-8 weeks apart. Once you are evaluated, your physician can give a more accurate assessment of your treatment needs. Lipo Vs. #Kybella is a very difficult question to answer. It truly depends on your preference. Both reduce the amount of localized fat but one requires surgery and more downtime, and costs much more,  but gives you the final result with one treatment, and the other requires injections and often at least two sessions for optImal results.

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Kybella is good for certain candidates with submental fat under the chin

Good candidates for Kybella have submental fat under the chin that they would like to get rid of non-invasively. To determine if you are a candidate, an in-person consultation is required in which the doctor can assess your situation and talk to you about your goals. Whether you choose Kybella or chin liposuction just depends on your personal preferences and the results of your consultation; both treatment options can be very effective for contouring the chin. Liposuction can get you results in a single session, but you will need to spend a couple days recovering as well as wear a compression garment for some time. $1500 sounds about right for the cost of a single Kybella session.

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Neck Liposuction Vs. Kybella

It basically depends on your goals and preference.

1. Office treatment.
2. Needs 1-3 treatments every 6 weeks
3. Great for patients that do not want surgery or have a medical condition that does not allow surgery
4. are willing to wait for results

Neck Liposuction
1. Can be done in office setting.
2. One treatment
3. Good medical history
4. Results are seen faster

There is another treatment that you have not consider. Smart Lipo on the neck (PrecisionTX). This treatment brings all the benefits of the Neck liposuction with the added benefit of less bruising and skin tightening if needed.

Cost of Kybella is per treatment and depends on how many vials are needed to complete the treatment that day.

Consult with a board certified Facial Plastic Surgeon that can show you all the benefits that you could gain from different options.

Hope this helps.

Gustavo A. Diaz, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon