Can minoxidil be tested on one part of the head before using it on the entire head?

I'm debating on starting rogaine, but i want to know how bad the shed will be before I use it on my entire head. Is it possible to use it on a test area for my chronic telogen effluvium? I'm a male and just turned 22 yesterday. I know it's rare but i have been diagnosed with CTE by multiple dermatologists. It's been happening for almost 2 years and i'm hoping to find a way to stimulate some growth and grow hair back until I can remove the trigger

Hair Loss Treatment Basics--Minoxidil with Progesterone and PRP

Yes, minoxidil will work wherever you use it, so you can start by using it on only a part of the head. Usually a combination approach is best. I suggest seeing a hair loss expert to evaluate and go over your condition and provide you information about your best treatment options. There are great non-invasive options like PRP/progesterone which work well with Minoxidil and/or hair transplantation. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Minoxidil

Minoxidil is a topical medication that works in the area you place it. So the simple answer to your questions is yes

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon