I've been using rogaine for about 6-7 months and I feel like I'm getting thinner.

So if iv been using for 6-7 months and i feel like its getting thinner should i just stop? I read that if u stop u lose the hairs that were regrown. So if i stop will i just go bald right away? Im not even sure if any hairs have regrown at all in the first place. I have very minimal thinning and i wanted to fight it early. My dad said he started losing his hair in his 30s and im 28 now. This is confusing me because now im scared to stop using rogaine

Stopping Rogaine

If Rogaine had zero benefit you can stop with minimal sequelae. No, if you stop you wont go bald right away- just continue down the slow path of progressive thinning. See a physician for other options. 

Vancouver Dermatologist

Combine with another non-surgical treatment

Hello

The answer for you is simple. You can combine your Rogaine treatment with additional ones such as Low Level Laser or PRP (Platelet-Rich Plasma) The combination of treatments has been proved to be very effective as they sort of boost each other. Get a consultation with your Hair Specialist Doctor and ask about combining treatments for best results!

William Yates, MD
Chicago Hair Restoration Surgeon

Stopping rogaine

I would recommend a consultation with a hair restoration surgeon who can evaluate your scalp, as well as discuss the nonsurgical options available to you. It is best to do preventative measures early to slow the progression of hair loss, and being followed by a hair restoration surgeon can track you during treatment. 

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

Hair Loss Confusion--Prp and progesterone for hair loss treatment

Rogaine needs to be used forever to increase the hair growth and prevent its loss. However, if you stop using it, it won't go away overnight.  I suggest seeing a hair loss expert to go over your condition and options. Prp and progesterone injections to the scalp and/or hair transplantation are great options. Best, Dr. Emer.