How to Change a Round Face? Options for Narrowing Cheeks? (photo)

hi i have a very round face, and this is something that would not change by dieting. is it possible to make my cheeks area narrower and make the sides of my face more straight and shaplier? i know there is a procedure of bone shaving, is that possible in that area and if so, how can i find a doctor who can do it? thank you very much for your reply.

Doctor Answers 2

Changing a Chubby Round Face

Hi r.t,

Thank you for sharing your photographs.

Buccal fat pad removal will achieve the Ogee curve that will provide you with a slim face and narrower cheeks.

Yet, this procedure is of a delicate nature and is best performed by an extensively experienced surgeon who will preserve the beauty of your natural facial traits and enhance them.

I encourage you to seek a consultation with a well experienced surgeon who will help guide you to make a strong decision that will fit your goals.


Best wishes to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Orange County Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 195 reviews

Narrowing the lower face

Based on your photos it appears that you would be a good candidate for buccal fat removal and Botox to the masseter, but an in person examination would be essential

Sam Naficy, MD, FACS
Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 221 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.