Can I get a flat stomach and my abs back naturally after having a c-section or do I need to have a tummy tuck done? (photos0

I am 33 years old. I have been pregnant 3 times in 12 years. The first 2 pregnancies were natural births. The last pregnancy was 7 years after the 2nd pregnancy and it was twins. During labor and delivery, I delivered one twin via natural birth and the second 14 minutes later via emergency c-section. I am trying to figure out if I can rebuild my abs or do I have to have a tummy tuck to see results. Would laser lipo be effective? Can I get a flat stomach naturally? I have been been exercising.

Do I need to have a tummy tuck done?

Hello Dear, thank you so much for your questions and pictures. 

After each pregnancy as there is a skin hyperelasticity to carry the baby, at the same time produced irreversible elasticities (only with exercise) of the abdominal muscles,this is why to retrieve the tone and lose the flaccidity of the skin it is advisable to make the Tummy Tuck. This procedure consists in the removal of excess skin and abdominal fat and muscle flaccidity correction. This situation of excess skin and relaxation of the abdominal wall is often in patients who have had weight gain and subsequent loss .Tummy Tuck (Abdominiplasty)  get a flatter, firmer abdomenand a narrower waist.

Hope hear from you soon, best wishes!!

In Need of Tummy Tuck

Tummy Tuck (abdominoplasty) is a plastic surgery procedure designed to flatten the abdomen by removing excess skin and fat, and to tighten the abdominal wall. Women and men who have excess skin and/or fat around the abdomen which does not respond to diet and exercise are candidates for abdominoplasty. Many patients complain that they cannot flatten their abdominal muscles through exercise, which also means a tummy tuck may be right for them.

Abdominoplasty candidates have:

·         excess abdominal skin which may sag

·         a disproportionate or protruding abdomen

·         weakened or separated abdominal muscles

·         excess fat concentrated in the abdomen

Other tummy tuck patients may recently have lost a lot of weight and need to have excess skin and tissue removed. Many women choose to have an abdominoplasty following pregnancy. Older patients may be candidates for a tummy tuck due to reduced skin elasticity, family traits, age, immobility.

TUmmy tuck + Lipo candidate, some advices:

Thanks for the question.

In this regard, I'm totally agree with you, therefore i recommend you a Full Tummy Tuck with muscle repair, to get a flat abdomen and weist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour.

Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Dr. Derby Sang Caputo

Thank you for your question and your photo.

Based on your photos you seem to have abdominal skin laxity and muscle separation. You are already a great candidate for a full TT combined with a lipo for better results. I suggest you to consult a board certified PS and go over all your concerns.

Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Tummy Tuck versus exercise following multiple pregnancies

Thank you for your question. From looking at your photos, it appears you have a fair amount of abdominal skin laxity, as well as muscle separation. If your goal is to achieve a flat stomach and abs again, it is unlikely that exercise alone will help you to achieve this goal. It appears that you may benefit from a Tummy Tuck with Liposuction of adjacent areas, including flanks and hips. My best advice to you is to schedule a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who will perform a thorough examination and discuss all of your options for meeting your aesthetic goals and wishes. 

Can I get a flat stomach and my abs back naturally after having a c-section or do I need to have a tummy tuck done?

Due to the significant laxity in your skin due to pregnancy, it is not going to tighten back up to pre pregnancy status on its own. stretch marks are a sign that the skin has lost its elasticity and therefore would require some sort of tummy tuck in order to remove the excess. You also more than likely have some degree of diastasis recti, or abdominal muscle separation, that would need to be repaired and would be included in a full tummy tuck procedure. 

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

The pictures show excess skin and stretch marks and this will require surgical removal for flat stomach. The combination of liposuction and tummy tuck will be the best option. 

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck/liposuction

I would recommend a full tummy tuck with muscle tightening for a flat abdomen and liposuction of sides, upper and lower back for a nice contour, consult with a board certified PS.