Fold/flap of skin on my hip after Tummy Tuck? (Photo)

I had a tummy tuck 1.5 years ago (after two twin pregnancies). While I am happy with my overall results, there is this fold, or flap of skin on my hip that is driving me crazy. There is also a minor bulging effect under my incision, but only on the same side as my fold/flap. I am wondering what this fold is. I am worried that my surgeon did not remove all the excess skin off of my hip. What does this look like it is, and could it be revised as an in office procedure? Thanks so much!!!

Thank you for the question and photo. This is what we call a "dog ear" which can be easily corrected in the office under local. It is difficult to comment on the budge without examining you. It is best to consult your board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck.

Fold/flap of skin on my hip after Tummy Tuck?

This can be easily improved in the office with just a local anesthetic. See an experienced plastic surgeon for an evaluation.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Fold/flap of skin after tummy tuck

Thank you for your question.  You have what we call a "dog ear" which basically is the end of the incision .  Your PS can only extend the incision to your hips, he or she has to end it at some point.   It's your back fat or skin that causes the skin to stick out at the end of the incision.  He can repair them in the office under local anesthesia by extending the scar further back .  

Chad Robbins, MD

Skin flap post tt

You have what appears to be a"dog ear" which is excess skin at the ends of the transverse closure. Usually this can be removed in the office setting under local anesthesia. 
Check with your board certified plastic surgeon

Leon Goldstein, MD
Madison Plastic Surgeon

Dog ears after tummy tuck

Hi - if the fold is still there 1.5 years after surgery then it is unlikely to resolve by itself.  This should be straight forward to sort out with a small procedure under local anaesthetic.

Dog ears!

This is what is typically known as dog ears.  A quick scar revision under local anesthesia will take care of this.  Please see your plastic surgeon and express your concerns.