Will I be able to carry anymore babies after having an umbilical hernia repair? (Photo)

Hi I have a small umbilical hernia asking with diastasis recti. I have been exercising to strengthen that area which is closing up a little but but the hernia stop sticks out. There is no change to my outer belly my muscles are still weak. But I am afraid the hernia will hey such so I want to have it repaired so I can ease my mind & to have a better appearance on my stomach. Question is if its fixed will I beableto carry any more babies & will it get worse if not fixed?

Umbilical Hernia

Thank you for your question and photos.
1) your umbilical hernia is easily corrected by surgery
2)no, it should not interfere with with further successful pregnancies 
3)exercise will not correct  the diastase of the rectus muscles.
4)after having your last child,  you appear to be an excellent
   candidate for a tummy tuck which will not only remove a
   significant amount of your stretch marks and loose skin while    
   repairing your diastase recti 
I suggest you seek out a Surgeon who is Board Certified in both Plastic and General Surgery.

Hernia repair

Repair of your hernia by a general surgeon should be a 30 minute out patient surgery. You will be able to have more babies but the hernia may return. This is a procedure your insurance should cover. Good Luck!

Gregory T. Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Umbilical hernia

Umbilical Hernia repair does not interfere with a normal pregnancy

If you do not get the hernia repaired, there is a higher risk of becoming a bigger hernia and have complications. 

But also, if you get the hernia repaired, that navel couldn't be used in the future, in case you may want a Tummy Tuck because the navel circulation is cut completely during the repair.

Also you have to know that during a Tummy Tuck, it is easy to repair an umbilicus hernia. 

Dr. Cardenas