Will 1/2 a syringe of Juvederm be enough?

I don't want Kylie Jenner lips. I am 18 I just want my lips to look a little more plump so lipstick looks nicer because I feel like it looks like I have lines on my lips now sometimes. Will 1/2 a syringe smooth out the lines or will it not make a difference?

Lip filler

Hello, and thanks for your question. 

Without a photo, it's difficult to recommend a specific treatment plan. 1/2 syringe is definitely enough for some people, in particular those who want a more natural result, which is what most of my patients tend to prefer. To maximize the likelihood of a favorable outcome, I recommend that you only get treated by a well-trained and experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon. There are many in the greater San Diego area.

Hope this opinion is helpful to you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

I do over 20 patients for lips per week.  Doing lips right is a work of art!  The filler is a tool.  Experience and aesthetic judgement to do amazing work is key.  1/2 cc could be right for you.  

Afshin Farzadmehr, MD

Lip Augmentation with Fillers or Lip Implant or Fat -- Go Slow, Use Cannulas

I suggest you see an expert for treatment as you may need more than half a syringe depending on your own

How much lip filler

Dear Madisonboat,

Thank you for writing in. Some places split syringes sterile and you could even start with a 1/4 syringe. After 1/4 syringe, you can look in the mirror and see if you would like more I think the less is more approach is best especially with lips.

Morgan Rabach, MD

1/2 syringe of Juvederm

I have frequently injected the lips on patients who did not need a full syringe. It is always safer to start with a lower volume, particularly if someone has not had filler in the past. The saying that "less is more" holds true even in lip augmentation. During the treatment if you look in a mirror, you may feel that you would like to proceed with more at which time you can use the remaining filler. Best of luck!

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Lip Juvederm

Hi Madisonboat, and thanks for your question.  It sounds like you have a very reasonable approach to considering lip augmentation with an injectable filler like Juvederm.  Not having too much filler will be key to keeping things natural looking, so make sure that you see someone who is experienced and listens to your objectives so that you achieve the improvement that you are looking for, and can tell you if your 1/2 syringe request is reasonable. Good Luck!

Isaac Starker, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Hello Madisonboat,

You can always add more volume, so don't focus on an absolute amount.  Let your injector know your goal.  Based on your description, I would imaigne a 1/2 syringe would do just fine.  If not, you can get a touch up a few weeks later. 

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm and Lip Injections

I would consider having a small amount of filler in your lips since this is the first time that you will have had your lips injected.  If you like the results you can always add more.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Great approach for filling your lips

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about how to fill your lips. I agree with your decision of trying to achieve an enhanced, but natural appearance with Juvederm injected into your lips. 1/2 syringe should be sufficient. You can always add additional filler if you feel more is needed. 
Good luck,

1/2 syringe of juvederm?

1/2 syringe costs about 3/4 the cost of a whole syringe so generally we do not deal with 1/2 syringes.   Without photos it is really not possible to answer your question.    If you wish, it is perfectly ok to use a half syringe as long as your expectations are in alignment.   Mt Best,  Dr Commons