I just found out that I am 14 weeks pregnant and had lip filler, cheek and under eye done. What is the harm that this can cause?

Dermal Fillers and Pregnancy

It is extremely unlikely that this has caused any harm. You have not mentioned which fillers you received. Many fillers are made up of a product our bodies produce and break down naturally. Fillers also do not travel to other parts of the body. They stay localized to the face. I hope this helps. Congratulations!

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Filler and pregnancy

Hi and thanks for your question . Congratulations on your pregnancy. Therr is no report the filler or Botox can effect the pregnancy . The only reason we are not injecting during pregnancy is that there is not enough research to confirm the safety.

Do not worry and enjoy your pregnancy .

Reza Akef, MD
Toronto Physician

Facial Fillers and Pregnancy

Congratulations on the pregnancy!

There is no effect of the facial fillers on your pregnancy. Now that you know you are pregnant- you can refrain from fillers and botox until you are no longer pregnant and no longer breastfeeding. But you shouldn't worry about potential effects of facial fillers on your unborn child.

Take Care and Good Luck with the baby!

Helen Perakis, MD
Nanuet Plastic Surgeon

Fillers and pregnancy

It is very unlikely that the fillers will have any effect on your pregnancy.  You don't say what type of filler you had, but many are made of a product our bodies produce and break down naturally.  The fillers are also localized to your face, they do not travel to the rest of your body.

Suzan McGary, MD
Williamsport Thoracic Surgeon

Injectables while pregnant

Hello, and thanks for your question. Please do not stress over this, as it is extremely unlikely to have caused any harm. I do, however, recommend waiting until you are no longer pregnant or breastfeeding before having additional procedures done. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.  

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Dermal filler during pregnancy

Congratulations. You needn't be worried, there is really zero chance of any effect on your unborn child. The reason we do not intentionally inject women who are pregnant is because that population was not in the safety studies. Its a medicolegal consideration on the part of the injector. Nevertheless, decades of experience have failed to document any adverse effect in women who were inadvertently injected during this time period of early pregnancy.

Lisa Vuich, MD

Lisa Vuich, MD
Nashua Physician