Butt gone flat after BBL. Can it be fixed? (Photo)

I had a BBL on Jan 27. I ended up with really bad influenza for about 2 weeks and all I did was sleep and sit on it. It's lost all its volume .. Please help what can I do to fix this ??

BBL revision

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately, it is likely you lost most of the fat in your buttocks due to sitting and sleeping on it. However, I can see from the picture that your body still has a nice contour. If you want better result you may go for a second BBL. Although, it depends if you have enough fat to take. Consult with your Plastic surgeon and get his take. Best of luck!Dhaval M. Patel Double board certified Plastic surgeonHoffman Estates BarringtonOakbrook Chicago

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Revision BBL

Some of the fat may have been unable to take to your buttocks and was metabolized by your body, although some should still remain. You can have another procedure performed to achieve the results you want. Sometimes, it can take a couple before the desired outcome is achieved.

Butt gone flat after BBL. Can it be fixed?

The BBL procedure involves harvest fat from areas of your body where there is excess fat and injecting that fat carefully into the central zone of your buttock. In addition, it involves liposculpting the buttock to facilitate a more rounded look. The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy. Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon

BBL Revision

Did you lose a great deal of weight with your influenza? It seems unlikely that you would lose all the fat that was transferred.  Your initial results may have been fluid and swelling that has just subsided with your recovery. If you are not happy with the volume, the solution is to redo the procedure. 

German Newall, MD

Revision of your Brazilian Butt Lift

It would be very unusual to "lose all your fat" even if you had to sleep on your butt immediately after your BBL surgery.  It is possible that your results would have been sub-optimal regardless. Another BBL is always an option assuming you have enough fat to donate. 

Make sure to do your research and find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who is an expert at BBLs. He/she should do at least 6 per week and be able to show you over 100 of his/her own before and after pictures.

Repeat BBL

Thank you for the picture.  If you desire a second procedure for your buttocks I would wait 6 months.  Liposuction and fat grafting can be repeated at that time.

Earl Stephenson, Jr, MD, DDS, FACS

Butt augmentation revision

If you just had a buttock augmentation, then you should wait at least 3-4 months to see how things settle before undergoing a revision.

If you have additional fat stores,  the procedure can be performed again.  About 25% of the BBLs I perform had a previous BBL performed elsewhere.

Fixing a flat Brazilian Butt Lift

Hello, this can be fixed, but of course it would require another procedure.  Usually with a BBL, some fat is lost, but we take precautions to avoid that.  If you were sick and had no choice but to put pressure on your new fat grafts, many of them likely died and melted away.

The main question is do you have enough body fat right now to reharvest an adequate amount for grafting?  Also, will your work and lifestyle allow for you to keep pressure off of your bottom for 2 weeks?

John Zannis, MD
New Bern Plastic Surgeon