Bbl 2nd time... will more fat survive?

I had a bbl done and yes ive had amazing results so far... l know i'm going to lose fat as the weeks go on... the second time around will more fat survive? I am considering other procedures of lipo in other areas and possibly adding that fat into the buttock. Will it survive? Or since ive had a large volume already will it be lost?

Fat Survival Rate

Hello, and thank you for your question. Many patients do enjoy the results of their Brazilian butt lift and decide to have a second procedure done.  This will increase the size of your booty, but not due to an icnrease in fat survival rate. Normally, one's fat survival rate will remain consistent, somewhere in the range of 40-70%. 

Thank you, and please let us know how it goes.

Bbl 2nd time... will more fat survive?

The percentage of fat survival in the BBL the second time should be about the same.  The fat has the potential to survive in this second surgery.

Fat survival after BBL

Secondary brazilian butt lift procedures can do very well and the take should be similar to the first procedure.

A second Brazilian Butt Lift to increase your volume

When done correctly, a BBL should give you great and permanent results. It should be unusual for you to lose most of your fat, but you will definitely lose fat during the initial few months.  A high percentage of fat loss of fat is most likely technique related. A second BBL is certainly an option as long as you have enough fat left to donate to yourself, and I find that the fat survival rate is usually higher the second time around. Make sure to do your research and find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who is an expert at BBLs. He/she should do at least 6 per week and be able to show you over 100 of his/her own before and after pictures. You don't want to have to do this again.

Repeat Brazilian Butt Lift Surgery

The survival of addtional fat transferred to your buttocks (staged Brazilian Butt Lift surgery) should not be adversely affected by your prior procedure. It is common to do this and most of my patients are happy with the results

Second BBL and fat survival

As long as you allow an adequate amount of time between BBL procedures, a similar percentage of fat should survive after the second BBL.  I would suggest waiting at least six months between procedures to allow the original fat that was transferred, time to settle and establish an adequate blood supply.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Secondary fat transfer procedure to buttock

The amount of fat that survives a fat transfer will not very much because you have already had the procedure performed. You must keep in mind that it is more difficult to harvest the fat by way of liposuction from areas in which you already had liposuction due to scar tissue.This may increase your chances of having contour irregularities in the liposuction areas. Consult with an experienced plastic surgeon to determine if you have sufficient fat to do the surgery a second time.

William Bruno, MD

Secondary Gluteal Fat Transfer

The fat survival rate should be the same. Usually its 50-70 percent and would not change because it's the second time. 

Fat survival after BBL

You should expect about the same percentage after fat survival after a second operation.  This is usually about 50-70% of the fat that was transfered.

Gordon Lewis, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon