I have a crown on my front tooth which is loose. My tooth is fractured. Can the fracture not be repaired?

I have a crown on a post on front tooth which is loose. Dentist says tooth fractured so will need extracting and implant put in. Can the fracture not be repaired?

Fracture

It is not uncommon but the tooth can fracture after having a post and crown. The reason it usually can't be repaired is because fracture usually is below the gums and then not enough tooth left to support new crown. You need a certain amount of tooth structure above the gums and usually the tooth fractures too far below gums to make restoring it possible.

West Orange Dentist

Fractured Tooth

Not if the root itself is fractured. This usually occurs when a tooth has had a root canal and a metal post placed in it. If the root is fractured, it will have to be extracted and an implant is a great option for you.

Tooth Root Fracure

It sounds as though your dentist has determined that the crown is loose because you have a fracture in the root of your tooth. Once a tooth has a root fracture it is deemed nonrestorable and will need an extraction.  Typically,  your best option for replacing this tooth would be by placing a dental inplant.  A crown will be placed over the implant and should be very aesthetic once completed.  Good luck.