I have a full mouth all on 4 dental implants, what toothpaste should I use? (photos)

Hello, I have the all on for dental implants upper and lower. I have been advised to use a non abrasive non whiting tooth paste with no fluoride. abrasive toothpaste can scratch the plastic teeth causing bacteria, and also the outer coating on implant causing implant failure. Fluoride can be corrosive to the titanium screws. Its impossible to find toothpaste with out fluoride and heavy abrasives. What do I buy? Can I make my own? please help!

Old School Rules

Congrats on the new teeth, I hope they're serving you well. You're correct that you should stay away from abrasive toothpastes, especially the ones that claim to be whitening as they're often the most abrasive. I like the Arm & Hammer line of products, and some patients I know like to use good old fashioned Arm & Hammer baking soda with a little water. Although baking soda has a gritty feel to it, on a microscopic level it's actually very soft and is one of the least abrasive options out there. With their line, still stay away from "brightening" or "whitening" options. Don't forget that you now need to brush the pink as well as the white -- the All-on-4 prosthesis in entirety is your new set of teeth, and the entire thing can build up plaque and tartar if allowed. The area behind your lower front teeth will likely be the area to build up the most, so spend extra time and care there.

Atlanta Dentist

All-on-4 Toothpaste

Congratulations on your new teeth! There's no specific toothpaste indicated for all-on-4 restorations. There are many tooth pastes available at your local drugstore that can be used as long as they non-abrasive. Abrasive particles can create a rough surface that promote bacterial adherence and may contribute to staining of resin-based restoration surfaces. It is important to use cleaning aids like superfloss(R), proxabrush(R), and water-pik(R) as adjuncts to home care, regular oral hygiene and professional office cleaning. This will help maintain your restorations in good condition for a long time.

Tamer Azim, DDS
San Francisco Dentist

All-on-4 Dental Implants

Hi there, thank you for your question. Fluoride is not necessary because you don't have natural teeth. There are certain ceramics used with the All-on-4 whereby the dentist is also going to advise you not to use abrasive toothpaste because it can roughen the surface of the ceramics. Biotin toothpaste is made for patients with dry mouth and is non abrasive and good for your oral health. Look at the Biotin products. They are sold in many drugstores. Good luck!

Allon4 care

Hi, you need to try to use a soft toothbrush and a regular tooth paste, remember you can use a toothbrush special for dentures.. i attach a video with a special care for your allon4... I recommend the waterpik, between the gum and the denture,Superfloss, between every implant. interdental toothbrush if is necessary.