Did my doctor nick me in my surgery?

Hi! I have a small abrasion to the right of my arreola that I don't believe should be there. I was told it was from the steri-strips but it seems too far away from my arreola to be caused by that. It looks to me like the tool that does the cauterizing touched my skin. I want to ask my doctor again but don't want to be out of line in my assumption.

Breast lift small abrasion

Congrats on your surgery, you look like you have a very nice result. The spot I see is definitely close enough to be a blister from a steristrip. It could be a small injury from the surgery, but it looks minor and should heal easily. Enjoy your result. Good luck.

Did my doctor nick me in my surgery? (Photo)

The only person that would know would be your doctor, so if he/she already gave you an answer, I'm not sure what benefit would come from asking again, but if it makes you feel more complete, just ask them. 
What are you trying to gain from this? I would assume your concern would be more about how to get the area to best heal? That would be a good question to ask him/her. Hope that helps,CDK

? Minor skin injury from cautery vs. Steri-strips

It's impossible to say what caused the injury that you see on your right breast. It could possibly be from the cautery device, Steri-Strips causing a skin blister, or some other reason. Regardless of the reason, the area should heal fine. If you have lingering concerns, I would address them with your plastic surgeon. I think your plastic surgeon will be completely honest with you as to why he/she thinks this happened. Good luck in your recovery.

Minor skin injury

This is a minor skin injury and should heal fine, regardless of the cause. It could be from the cautery and it could be a blister from Steri strips (which I don't use for breast lift surgeries because of blisters). Either way, small scab should heal fine. Sometimes things happen but if you trust your surgeon, I would trust what he or she has said.

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Concern

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your recent surgery. It is best to address this question with your plastic surgeon. Only he or she knows what may have caused this. Hope this helps.

Take time to heal

Thank you for your question and photos. It is best to ask what the cause is during a follow-up with your surgeon. It appears that it should heal just fine but it there is cause for concern, it is always best to address your concerns with your surgeon. Best of luck with your recovery,

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Needs more time

As this heals, you will be able to better discern the cause of this abrasion/injury.See how it heals over the next few weeks and at the next visit ask if they still think it is from the steri-strips.

Hard to know for certain

Skin injury of this type can occur during or after surgery.  More likely it occurred after surgery.  Accidental burning of the skin is uncommon but do occur.Best to ask your surgeon.Good news is that it will heal without any issuesBest Wishes,Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS