Three weeks post Ultherapy on jawline. Still sore and a lump has been created under my chin. Is this normal? (Photo)

Had ultherapy on my neck (to tighten jawline) almost three weeks ago. The area is still tender and hurts to touch. Also A lump has been created under my chin. Is this normal ?

Ultherapy Side Effects

It is important to follow up with your physician for in person assessment.  Based on your description and photo, this is most likely induration and swelling from the procedure.  I recommend firm massage of the area and a Vitamin B complex which can help with nerve regeneration. This is not common but swelling can occur. 

The results from an Ultherapy treatment work in a two-step process. The first stage is the contraction and denaturing of collagen, which causes an immediate tissue tightening, and resultant lift. The second stage occurs over time while the body’s healing response builds new collagen (neocollagenesis). New collagen production is generated over 2-3 months and often continues for 6 months after the treatment. Full results are visible after 3 to 6 months.

Good Luck!

Ultherapy -- Safety and Side Effects

I suggest massage and RF treatments like venus legacy or exilis.  this is likely swelling and will resolve.  Best, Dr. Emer.