PicoSure for melasma and hyperpigmentation?

PicoSure For Melasma and Hyper-pigmentation can remove dark spots on face permanently?? or we still need to go for sessions lifetime?? which is best for melasma treatment Picosure or Picoway for indian skin please advise. i am getting married in Oct. i have to fix my face before that. Please help me !@!!!!

PicoSure Focus treatment for Melasma

The picosure focus treatment is an excellent option for melasma, the laser is able to shatter the pigment underneath the skin without using heat which can exacerbate the condition. It is important to remember melasma may reoccur after the treatments unless you are very diligent about sun protection and avoidance, and strict skincare regimen. The laser will lighten and clear your melasma but it will take a series of treatments.

Sincerely,
Dr. Rosenberg

PicoSure for Melasma and Hyperpigmentation

Hi,  Thank you for your question. Picosure is definitely a great treatment for melasma and hyperpigmentation in a person with darker skin type.  It uses less heat and more pressure to target the cells responsible for pigmentation without harming the superficial skin. Therefore there is virtually no downtime and definitely less risk for worsening of dark spots and melasma. I personally think that this is the best treatment you can do for yourself. In regards to it being lifelong,  there is no right answer and melasma remains poorly understood skin condition and there is a variety of different factors that may trigger it's recurrence. You definitely still need to be very diligent about applying sun protection daily for life :).  Best, Dr.Avaliani

Anna Avaliani, MD
New York Physician

PicoSure Focus Treatment For Melasma

Thank you for your question. The PicoSure laser is an excellent option to treat melasma. The laser is able to shatter the pigment beneath the skin without using heat. It will take a series of treatments to clear melasma. However, melasma can reoccur after PicoSure treatment if you do not avoid the sun, use sun tan lotions and have a good skin regime.  I recommend having a consultation with an expert to discuss your concerns and desires. 

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician