Tummy tuck scar blister? Fluid? Nothing to worry about? (Photo)

I've got this area on my scar that my doc said is just scar thickening to put the oil on it but not massage so hard that it opens. But there's almost like a peeling white skin over top and it feels like a blister. My questions are has anyone else had this and is there anything else I should be doing?! It's the worst post show and it's very sore to touch almost like stinging. It's like a sacred of fluid almost when I touch it the way it moves

Bumpy incision following tummy tuck

Your photo shows a scar that appears to be spitting a suture out. This will open up, the suture will be expelled, and the wound will then seal up. Your PS may want to open this to get out the suture.

A blister on a tummy tuck scar should be seen by your surgeon.

Your plastic surgeon probably would like to see your scar problem and examine you. This may represent a deeper suture working its way to the scar surface. Your care may include removal of the suture with draining of the  blister and antibiotics.

Best Regards,

Douglas J. Raskin, MD
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Scar Blister

Without knowing definitely how long it has been since your procedure it is hard to tell how far along you should be in healing at this point. 

It may take several months for a tummy tuck patient’s scars to soften, for sensation to return, and for relaxing of the tight sensation in the abdomen. In the case of extensive surgery, abdominoplasty recovery can be uncomfortable and may take longer. Scars may stay red, become thick or widen. It can take 12-18 months for the scars to settle.

These can be improved with topical treatments such as BioCorneum, Scar Guard, Scar Fade and Mederma. Redness can be improved with laser treatments and the scars can be kept narrow with products such as Embrace.  On occasion, keloids or hypertrophic scars can develop and will need treatment including Kenalog, 5FU and laser.

Now, if you are worried about this blister or bubble on your scar then you should visit your surgeon to have the area evaluated to make sure that healing is progressing well. 

Tummy tuck scar blister? Fluid? Nothing to worry about?

Thank you for sharing your question.  Based on your picture you appear to have a small incision separation either as a result of tension or perhaps a suture.  This can be treated with local care until your body heals from the inside-out. See your surgeon for an in-person examination so that they may provide you with reassurance and instructions on how to heal quickly.  Best wishes.

Incision issue

It is hard to tell but it looks like you have some wound breakdown along your incision that often goes on to heal quite well with local wound care. Best to follow you surgeon's instructions.