Brazilian Butt Lift planned on the 14th of January. Is my wish pic realistic? (Photo)

The 14th I undergo my BBL at dr. Velez Pombo in Brussels, Belgium. I'd like to hear what other doctors Will think of my current shape to create an hourglass and a Nice buttock. I was hoping for 1000cc per buttock. I'd sport a lot but now I am a Little bit gaining to create some more fat. Is my wishpic realistic?

Realistic results and truth in advertising

The before and after pictures you have posted are taking on the table.

Final results are not even close to what patients look like at the end of the procedure.

Posting these type of pictures as any representation of what patients should expect to look like is in my opinion borderline fraudulent.

At the end of surgery areas treated with fat transfer or plumped up with local anesthesia, fat and swelling.

They usually look three times bigger than they will six months later it.

If you're expecting those type of results you will be very disappointed.

Doctors who showed these type of pictures as any type of representation of their work in regards to final results should not be trusted.

Showing early fat transfer pictures it's one of the most common misrepresentations of these procedures setting expectations that are not achievable by anyone.

If your reference as to how you would look immediately after the procedure then you may very well be able to look like the pictures you've shown.

Most patients don't care what they look like 10 minutes after surgery they care what they look like it for the rest of their life

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Based on your photos, you can expect a modest fat transfer.  The wish pics are right after surgery and do not represent final results. You should have realistic expectations.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

BBL

Thank you for your question and photographs.

Something your wish pics have in common is that they all have smaller waists, bigger hips and large buttocks. This can be achieved with a BBL. When it comes to Brazilian butt lifts and achieving your cosmetic goals, there are several factors that have to be considered; how much fat you have to harvest, what areas you can harvest the fat from and how much to safely reinject into the buttocks for optimal fat survival. Sometimes it is a good idea to stage a BBL so you can increase the chance of fat survival because if you reinject too much at once, you have a higher chance of it not all surviving. When I perform a BBL, I will evaluate the patient’s body to make sure that they are a good candidate for the Brazilian butt lift. It will also be assessed as to which areas will be liposuctioned. Depending on the amount of fat necessary to fill the buttocks area, multiple donor sites on the body may be considered. After liposuction has been performed, a closed sterile system is used which ensures the fat tissue is never exposed to the air. This keeps it safe and purified for reinjection into the buttocks. Our plastic surgery office uses P188, a triple-wash antibiotic that sterilizes the tissue and separates the healthy fat from any tissue that may not survive the transfer process. I will then reinject the fat to make sure that the layering is done properly, effectively and that the results are smooth and shapely. If you do not have enough fat to achieve your cosmetic goals then you may want to consider the combination of buttock implants along with fat grafting. I hope this helps. Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon