Tipping a doctor performing lip augmentation... Any suggestions?

I have an appointment very soon for a lip augmentation procedure (juvederm ultra plus). A doctor is going to be performing this procedure, I was wondering if tip is included? This is my first time under going a lip augmentation procedure therefore I'm unclear whether tip is included. Thanks!

Getting a good result more important than tipping.

Lip injections are not easy.  It's more important to choose a doctor who will do a good job than worrying about tipping!  Good luck!

Upcoming Lip Augmentation Procedure

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your upcoming lip augmentation procedure.  Please be sure to discuss your goals and expectations with your doctor in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved.  Although a very kind consideration, tipping your doctor is not necessary or recommended.  Best wishes!   

Typing a physician...

Thank you for your question and care however tipping is not necessary nor expected.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Is it appropriate to tip a doctor?

If you are happy with your doctor's work, the best thank you is the referral of your friends and family.  Tips are completely unnecessary.

Ronald Friedman, MD
Plano Plastic Surgeon

There is no need to tip the surgeon who is preforming your procedure.  The price you pay for the lip augmentation already includes the doctors time, therefore a tip is not required or expected.

Audrey Klenke, MD
Hilton Head Island Plastic Surgeon

Hello, included in the doctor's fee is the cost of the product, the cost of overhead and the cost of administering the drug (Juvederm).  You do not ever have to tip a doctor for services rendered.      Good luck, Dr. Downie.

Jeanine B. Downie, MD
Montclair Dermatologic Surgeon

Tipping your provider

Usually, prices do not include tips for cosmetic procedures. While that is very considerate of you to think of, you do not need to feel obligated to give your provider a tip for their service.

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician

Lip Augmentation

This is certainly an extremely kind gesture on your part, but absolutely not required, or necessary. The price of the procedure is incredibly straightforward. It covers the artistic performance of the procedure, as well as the cost of the product. 
Please make sure that the person you have chosen is experienced in the procedure they are performing, as this type of procedure is extremely delicate.
Best of luck to you!

David Goldberg, MD

#Juvederm #Filler #LipInjection #Injectables

Hi VelvetRose512, Thank you for your excellent question! Patients typically do not tip a Doctor for services in the office.I hope this helps you, Brian S. Coan MD, FACS

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Hi, that's a very nice thought but typically not expected.  I've performed many lip augmentations over the past 30 years and my reward is a happy patient with a great result.
Hope this helps.