Would my gap be to big for teeth bonding fully or even partially? (photos)

I've had a gap all my life and it's pretty big.Athe age of 21 I've decided I want to close it. I really don't want to wear braces and for now I can't afford that nor Invisalign. I was hoping I can get some input on teeth bonding because it temporary and affordable. I would even consider closing my gap partially instead of all the way.

Closing Gaps

This is a very large space and would not look good with bonding at all.  The front teeth would be extremely wide.  I would find a board certified orthodontist and consider braces.  This is a much better solution long term.  Good luck.

Consider ortho instead #DrSoftTouch

Hello there,
Bonding can be used to close small gaps but is not recommended for larger gaps due to the risk of fracture. Attempting to close your gap with bonding would not only increase the risk of fracture, but would result in your two front teeth looking abnormally large/wide.  Porcelain veneers and orthodontic treatment are both excellent options for patients with diastema, but for your case I would recommend orthodontics. Always look at before and after photos when selecting your dentist. They will give you a pretty good indication about what you can expect. Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.

Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO area (O'Fallon, IL)
Real Self 100

Is my gap too large for bonding?

Your best treatment would be orthodontics, however, you might be able to obtain a result that pleases you with bonding.  At first look , it appears that to close the space completely would make your two front teeth too large.  However, if you were agreeable to bonding your four front teeth, the result could be much better.  Recontouring your central incisors by reducing their width next to your lateral incisors, the laterals could be added to and widened, and the central incisors could be added to close the space partially or fully without making them look too large in relation to the laterals. A cosmetic simulation on a computer would give you a better idea of how this could look to help you decide.

Your gap would best be treated with orthodontics. if this is out of your budget you might consider bonding the space partially. Closing the space completely with bonding will look abnormal. You might also consider becoming a patient at the local dental school. They often need orthodontic patients.