Am I able to get pregnant after a Tubal Ligation, gastric bypass and a Tummy Tuck? (Photo)

In 2008, I had a Tubal Ligation. It has been two years since I had Gastric Bypass Surgery and lastly, I had a tummy tuck done 10/2015. I am 32 and in the next 3 years (Hopefully)! If am able to I would like to have one or two children. And out of curiousity is it possible to carry twins? What will I need to do!? If I can.

Getting pregnant after your procedure

Thank you for the question and the photo. Like many other types of cosmetic surgery, a tummy tuck will not prevent you from becoming pregnant and having children (although pregnancy can certainly alter the intended results of this procedure). Likewise, gastric bypass should not affect your chances of having a safe and healthy pregnancy even though some specialists recommend waiting one year to 18 months after the surgery before getting pregnant. Now, tubal ligation is performed to prevent pregnancy, which means that your chances of getting pregnant are low though not nonexistent. Tubal ligation can be reversed by means of a surgical procedure. As always, an in-person exam with a board-certified specialist would be the best way to assess your needs and obtain reliable medical advice. Best of luck! Dr. Michael Omidi.

Pregnancy after tummy tuck

yes pregnancy after tummy tuck is possible although it most certainly will alter your results of body contouring. You should check with your OB about reversal of tubal ligation and pregnancy rates after that. Good luck !

Shwetambara Parakh, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Pregnancy and tummy tuck

Cosmetic surgery will not impact your pregancy or baby. Your pregnancy will impact the results from any body conturing surgery you have had or will have. Best wishes.
Dean Vistnes, MD.Vistnes Plastic SurgerySan Francisco Bay Area
#realself #drdeanvistnes #tummytuck

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon