Breast Reduction, Lift and Implants to Get C Cups from DD Breasts?

I am 5'0" and right now weigh 143 lbs. My body fat % is 35. I lost quite a bit of weight two years ago, then gained some back. I definitely plan on losing weight before, but I really want to get a Breast reduction, Breast lift, then get Breast implants. Small ones of course. Is this possible? And how expensive do you think this could get? I am a 38 DD, and they sag quite a bit. They are heavy, and make it hard to work out and enjoy my life. I would like to be about a C cup. But NATURAL looking.

Simple, Safe Solution. Breast Reduction.

A breast reduction will reduce DD breasts to perky lifted C cup breasts.  A breast lift would be included. 
Insurance would cover many of these.  
Implants are not mandatory, and a reduction by itself would certainly be lower cost than a reduction followed by a lift. 

Breast Reduction... To Implant or Not To Implant, That Is The Question

Greast question. There are obviously alot of opinions. There is no specific right or wrong procedure. There are different opinions with each procedure having different risks and results. You will have to be the judge. You should look at multiple before and after photos of the different procedures and see which results you like best, including shape, scars, etc. Then choose a qualified surgeon who you feel confident can produce the results you seek.
In my opinion, you would get a very lovely, natural C cup by a breast reduction alone. A breast reduction encompasses both a reduction in breast tissue and skin, along with a breast lift. Rather than discard some of the breast tissue, in can be used for your own natural augmentation. With this "auto-augmentation", breast tissue that would normally be discarded, is rotated high up onto your chest above the nipple, producing fullness from your own tissues. This will avoid the additional expense and the need to deal with potential breast implant complications as well as avoiding the need to replace in the future. There is also additional risks to the blood circulation of breast tissues when performing breast reduction surgery and breast implants at the same time. 

Sam Gershenbaum, DO
Aventura Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction and augmentation

A standard breast reduction (which includes a lift) should be all that you need.  I generally do not recommend placement of breast implants when you are doing the reduction because a very natural look can be achieved without them.  When you place implants, you will increase your size; if you are wanting a reduction, that defeats the purpose.  After the surgery if you are unhappy with the shape AND you are okay being 1 or 2 cup sizes larger, then you could consider an implant.

Allen M. Doezie, MD

Great Plan!

It is actually more common than you think to have a breast reduction/lift, then have a breast augmentation 6 months later.  The results with this approach are great.  It allows you do do a very nice lift/reduction operation, repositioning the nipple and reshaping the breast, then allow everything to heal.  After the breast is reshaped you can get the extra upper pole fullness you want with an implant.

Gary Lawton, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction

This is a great question, and one that many patients ask me during their consultations. Many women seeking out a breast reduction want to make sure that after the surgery their breasts are full and perky. A breast reduction surgery does include a lift so your breasts should be higher and perkier than before surgery. Most breast reduction patients also have a lot of breast tissue, so after the surgery their natural breast tissue will give them full breasts. For some patients I recommend just a reduction, as they have enough tissue to create full breasts. It is also possible to have implants put in in the future if you want more volume. I would need to examine you in person to determine which course of action is best for you. Good luck!

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD, FACS

Consider Having Breast Reduction and Lift First

It is possible to have all three procedures, a breast reduction, lift, and implant, performed in a single surgery. However, considering you are a size DD and have a fair amount of breast tissue, you may want to think about having just the breast and reduction lift performed first. You may find that you are completely satisfied without the implants, or may find that you want the implants placed at a later time to give your breasts a rounder, fuller look. 

Miguel Delgado, MD

BR

Breast reduction, or reduction mammaplasty patients are among the most satisfied of all plastic surgery patients. Large breasts (macromastia) can often decrease quality of life for a woman. With breast reduction, you can have smaller breasts that sit higher on your chest wall. You will also find relief in your neck and back with the decrease in weight and more ergonomic position of your breasts.
There are several different variations of breast reduction, differing by size, and amount of incisions; procedure; and the results. The different types of reduction techniques include: The wise pattern breast lift, the anchor shaped incision, and the donut mastopexy.
1. The wise pattern breast lift involves an anchor-shaped incision around the natural contour of the breast. To most patients surprise, this scar is mostly hidden under the inferior aspect of the breast. However, the scar around the nipple/areola is visible. Most patients heal this anchor type scar very well and are satisfied with smaller areola in exchange for the scars. This surgery is used when there is a lot of excess skin that needs to be removed in order to lift the breast and give it a more aesthetic shape.
2. Often times, the anchor shaped incision can me diminished to create a lollipop or J shaped incision. This results in some excess skin at the inferior aspect of the breast near the breast crease that will flatten out over a 6 month period. Some patients are willing to tolerate this excess skin for 6 months in exchange for a smaller scar. This is a personal decision that each patient can make.
3. The donut mastopexy involves creating an incision around the areola and removing a doughnut-shaped area of skin. This surgery can be used for patients that need a smaller amount of lifting. This surgery results in a scrunched-up look to the breast skin surrounding the areola for about 6 months before it flattens out. Patients need to be understanding and tolerant of this in exchange for an areola-only scar. These patients do run the risk of areola widening as well.
Insurance may cover some of these cases when back pain, shoulder bra-notching, and rashes under the breast are present. Insurances vary though and your doctor can submit a report and photos to see if your insurance approves your procedure.
The risks of the procedure include bleeding, infection, bruising, poor scarring, pain, swelling, and changes to nipple and areola sensation, and rarely, partial or total nipple loss. The recovery time is usually a couple weeks if all goes well. In general, however, breast reduction patients are some of the most satisfied and grateful plastic surgery patients. This is truly a life-changing procedure. In my area, the cost ranges from 6700-8500. Best of luck!

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Reshaping Your Breasts May Not Require Implants

Modern breast reduction and lift techniques help to reshape and support the breast so that implants may not be necessary., even if you are starting with very saggy breasts.
Implants do not support the breast, so if you have enough tissue, implants are probably unnecessary.

Paul C. Zwiebel, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction

Thank you for a wonderful question.
well as you should be aware the only way to really know what type of
surgery you need is in the consultation office.
but assuming you are clear for surgery and base on what tell us and the picture you send a breast lift  would be ideal, and you have indeed enough tissue to accomplish the size you desire without the use of a implant.
but if you desire the use of a small implant (for a more projected breast) you need to understand that the size of the implant needs to be plan carefully to avoid complications.

Enriquillo Clime Rivera, MD

Breast reduction accomplishes lift and volume repositioning

Based on the description given here, it sounds like you may be a better candidate for a small breast reduction/mastopexy procedure. If your skin is good quality breast tissue can typically be repositioned to a more youthful position on the chest without needing to utilize breast implants. I would certainly recommend reaching your ideal body weight prior to undergoing a breast reduction or mastopexy procedure as this can significantly alter results over time.

Rachel Streu, MD