Breast Lift Through Arm Pit for Minimal Scarring Finally Possible?

I've seen the doctors' strong response to this question already but i've found 2 websites that explain the procedure. Have things changed since you responded to this same earlier question (don't see date)? This supposedly is a fairly new procedure. I have not been able to find any docs who do it. Know any? Updated thoughts? Can it work? I read it's done endoscopically. A small incision under the armpit provides the necessary opening through which the surgeon performing scarless breast lift surgery inserts instruments, loosening the breast tissue from the chest muscle. The next step is to remove a pie-shaped section of breast tissue, bringing remaining tissue together with sutures. Scarless breast lift surgery is done when the breast is lifted into position and the incisions are closed. Could this work for non extreme cases?

Beware of things that sound too good to be true

Hi there-

The simple fact that you are asking this question says that you yourself are dubious about it, right?

And with good reason. 

Please understand that there are many physicians promising things that are too good to be true from operations with cute names that the majority of us have never heard of that they say will revolutionize how we do things...

But intuitively most intelligent people realize that it probably isn't possible to revolutionize an industry once a month...

You need to be careful what you ask for and what you believe- because you will have no trouble finding a surgeon to take your money after promising you whatever you want to hear. Operations with cute names are usually promoted by surgeons doing so in order to attract patients by convincing them that they are the only surgeon with the skills to make them happy. Is someone like this really the kind of professional you want to trust with your safety and happiness? When you have the cute scar you wanted but your breasts are funny looking, are you going to be happy??

Please be careful.. Find the best surgeon you can and trust them to guide you along the path to your goals. Find the right surgeon- not the cutest scar.

Breast lift through armpit

This type of technique is probably not very effective at producing a lifted, tightened, perkier breast.  It would be desirable to discover a breast lift technique that did not leave scars on the breast.  Because the problem in many cases is loose, excess stretched out skin, some of it will have to be removed which puts scars on the breast.  Otherwise I believe you will have a very minimal lifting effect, which produces very minimal results, unless the procedure somehow changes the skin intrinsically.  The trend in plastic surgery is towards minimally invasive procedures, but I don't think you can reliably achieve spectacular breast lifts this way yet.

Michel C. Samson, MD
Daytona Beach Plastic Surgeon

No Way Around Incisions for Breast Lift

This is an interesting concept.  The reality of the matter is that you must identify the problem and develop a solution.

PROBLEM:  Saggy Breasts (Breast Ptosis)

Excess skin in relation to a smaller amount of breast tissue

SOLUTION:  Breast Lift (Mastopexy)

Removal of excess skin and reshaping of breast tissue

Based on this simple equation most women with breast ptosis can not be treated in the manner of the endoscopic procedure you have found.

Dr.ES

Breast lift through the armpit is not a generally accepted technique.

I doubt that this operation can work, but I have been wrong before.  I have never seen any results from this technique which means there are not many being done.  That may be for a very good reason.

Scarless Breast Lift?

There are many different degrees of saggy breasts. We have four different degrees of breast lift surgery to treat them: Nipple Lift , Vertical Lollipop Lift, Circulat Lift and Anchor Breast Lift ($5560). For minor degrees of sag breast implants placed thru the arm pit can produce enough lift. As for an internal suspension done thru the arm pit for mild sag, yes it's possible, but not likely to give a good result in every case.

Dr Foster  

Lawrence Foster, MD (retired)
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Breast lifting without Scars?

Be very careful about  surgeons who make promises that sound too good to be true.

Breast lifting involves some amount of skin excision.   The skin excision serves to “tighten up” the breast skin envelope. How much skin needs to be removed will depend on each specific patient's situation. In other words, some patients require more “lifting”  and have the need for additional incisions. Generally, these incisions range from around the areola, vertical breast incisions, and transverse incisions (“anchor”).
Most patients (If properly selected and who are doing the operations and the right time of their lives) accept the scars associated with breast augmentation/breast lifting surgery as long as they are happy with the improvement in contour, size, and symmetry. This acceptance of the scars is the essential “trade-off” associated with many of the procedures we do and the field of plastic surgery.

Again, be very careful  about what you read/ believe and in your choice of plastic surgeon.

Scarless Mastopexy

As long as the Laws of Physics haven't changed, then the answer to your question hasn't changed either. Your quest for a scarless mastopexy is not alone, and many like you are willing to believe in anyone that can adequately promote it as a real and reproducible surgery. Unfortunately, you cannot get around the fact that a sagging breast's problem is inelastic, expanded skin and subcutaneous tissue that will not comform to normal, natural contours, when a surgery is performed that only addresses the 'inside' of the breast. Many descriptions of internal suturing performed in conjunction with more conventional mastopexy surgeries as being superior have failed to yield results that confirm that claim, indicating that contouring and lifting the breast is all about planning and executing precise skin and subcutaneous tissue excision and removal, not internal sutures. And this, as you know, leads to external scars.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

#BreastLift Through Arm Pit for Minimal Scarring Finally Possible? ANS:

Well....I looked it up too out of curiosity and found one site that describes putting the camera in and then removing a pie shaped wedge of breast tissue and suturing it up....That was it....So no real description on how to do it or what kind of patient to do it on....So, I would think that the original answers to your question are the same and an even better approach would be to post your pics and see what type of lift the Doctors here would recommend...I do a lot of Endoscopic Breast Augmentation and I don't see much wide spread benefit. Any lift this way I would imagine would be minimal...

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

An incision less breast lift is not yet a reality. I'm sure some surgeons will tell you otherwise, but unless you move the location of the nipple and remove the loose skin it simply will not work.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Breast lift without implants and no vertical scar

Hello Sivadelle,

Not sure how an endoscopic lift procedure could succeed in significantly raising the breast mound and anchoring it in place. I can tell you about a technique called the Ultimate Breast Lift that is like no other technique currently executed that reshapes the breast and anchors it permanently to minimize descent. And unlike other techniques that utilize a vertical scar, the UBL has successfully eliminated it to further strengthen the lift. You see, a vertical scar inherently weakens a lift by placing an incision at the point of maximum tension. Most honest PS will acknowledge that this is the site where most wound failures occur. The UBL not only keeps the skin envelope intact, it most importantly redisigns the breast mound from the inside out. Please continue your research. This is a great start.

Kind regards,

Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon