Breast Lift Open Wound? (photo)

I am 4 weeks post op and I still have very superficial open wound at the bottom of my breast and my dr gave me silver sud cream to put on it. What does this cream do? Heal or protect? What can I do to get this to heal fast

Breast lift wound

It is not uncommon for some patients to have small wound breakdowns following breast lifts or reductions.   Silvadene is a sulfa-based topical antibiotic cream.  Most of these wounds in healthy people go on to heal well, it just takes a little longer and some patience.    If the resulting scar is a bit wider than the other scars, a revision can often be done in the future. 

4 weeks post op with breast lift wound.

Thank you for the photo. What you are experiencing is not uncommon with breast lifts and reductions. The area is on tension, and that may effect wound healing. There may also be a spitting suture or some other issue. Suture or steri-strips is not what is needed at this point. Please continue to be seen by your board certified plastic surgeon, and tell him/her your concerns. Together, you will be able to come up with a plan.

Jeffrey J. Roth, MD, FACS

Breast Lift Open Wound?

It is not at all uncommon to have a small area such as this break down at the end of a vertical lift incision. Silvadene is a silver based sulfa antibiotic cream to treat any bacteria in the wound and allow this to heal uneventfully. Chances are the scar will be no different that the one on the other side which did not have this problem.

All the best. 

Superficial Wound after Breast Augmentation/Lifting?

This type of superficial wound healing problems you are experiencing can occur after breast lifting or breast reduction surgery. The antibiotic ointment you have been prescribed is used to help prevent infection.

Best wishes; hopefully you will be pleased with the long-term outcome of the procedure performed.

Open wound after Breast lift

Thank you for your question. There are several reasons patients experience small areas of skin breakdown after breast surgery. It is common to treat these areas with silvadene, which is an antibiotic cream. These wounds will often heal with minimal scarring. Good luck.