Breast Lift Without Nipple Removal?

Is it possible to have breast lift without the nipple being removed? I had a lift 2-1/2 years ago (with implant exchange) and it needs to be redone because the vertical scars are very wide and i want the implants removed, but I don't want to go through the pain of the nipples being removed again. The nipple height is still good.

Nipples and breast lift revision

Nipples are not removed during a standard breast lift.  If the position is good, then the scars can be revised from the previous lift as you said in the vertical component.

Breast Lift Without Nipple Removal?

Neither the nipples nor the areolae need to be removed during a breast lift revision.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast lifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Nipples and breast lift

In a standard breast lift the nipples are not removed.  There is an incision that follows the circumference of the areola, but that is so tissue surrounding the nipple can be reshaped.  The nipple itself stays attached to the breast throughout the procedure.

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Nipples are not removed during a routine uplift

Very difficult to give a good response without seeing photos. If your nipples are at a good height but breasts have stretched out in the lower part, called bottomed out, then simply excising a strip of skin as a tranverse or vertical ellipse may address your concerns.

Sultan Hassan, MD, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

Reomiving skin without a breast lft

It sounds like you may need to have an ellipse of skin removed in the lower pole of your breast, but hard to tell for sure without pictures.

Revision of a previous breast lift surgery

Without a photograph it is difficult to understand what you need.  If the nipple is at a good height and there is simply too much breast tissue in the lower quadrant of the breast then this can be revised to give you a more aesthetic result.  As an aside, in a breast lift the nipples are not removed they still remain attached to the underlying breast tissue.  I think you are just talking about the incisions around the nipple and areola.  

Nipples aren't "removed" in a breast lift

I think you have this wrong because the nipples are "moved" north in a breast lift still attached to the breast tissue.  They are not "removed."

Breast Lift Without Nipple Removal?

The nipples are not removed during a breast lift. The nipple and areola remain attached to the breast, and they are moved as one to the correct position. 

If the nipple and areola do not need to have their positions altered, no new incision is needed about the areola. 

However, if the areola is too low, or if a considerable amount of skin must be removed after the implants are removed, an incision about the areola may be needed. Best to discuss with your surgeon. All the best. 

A breast lift does not require removal of the nipple and areola.

In a breast lift the nipple and areola are moved to the anatomically correct position on the chest wall. This complex remains attached to the breast mound.