Will Breast Keep Growing After 23?

Im a small 34b im 23 years old but look 16 will my breast stay this size or like i said i look 16 is it possible that my body is developing at a slower rate i guess?

Will breasts keep growing after age 23

Breasts will have fully developed by age 23. Changes in weight and / pregnancy can change the breasts. Many women are fully developed, but have very minimal breast tissue I have provided a link to my breast augmentation gallery. You will see many adult women with very little breast tissue prior to breast augmentation surgery who elect to have breast augmentation and have a beautiful, natural result. 
The trend among young women today seems to be a desire for breast implants that provide a natural results. The size of the breast implant is one factor in determining a natural look. We all have seen small breast implants with a distinctly unnatural look.  The breast implant must be the correct shape for a woman's body type, and very important is the placement on the chest. Breasts that are too high, too low, too far apart or too close together do not look natural, and it is not the look most women want. 
It is possible for breast implants to last a lifetime. Think about the look you want and carefully research the plastic surgeon you will be trusting with your health, and to make this permanent change in your body. 

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Your breast can change throughout your life time

If you are a late developer your breast may continue to change a bit, and your breast will indeed change throughout your life. The breast isn't mature until your first pregnancy when the glandular breast will develop. Size can change with weight loss or gain as well. If volume is the issue an augmentation might be right for you.

Will breasts keep growing into your 20s?

As other surgeons have expressed, the most likely scenario is that your breasts have finished developing at the age of 23, as full breast development completes relatively early in life. While general development will vary from person to person, breast size usually plateaus in the early 20s. However, breast structure, size and shape may fluctuate throughout the course of a woman’s life due to changes related to weight gain/loss, pregnancy and breastfeeding, as well as menopause.

If you’re concerned about the current size of your breasts at this stage in life, it may be worth consulting with a board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in breast augmentation. He or she will be able to give you the final verdict after an examination and thorough discussion.

Colin White, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Breast Growing at 23

At 23, your breasts have completed their development. That being said, your breast will continue to change with weight gain, pregnancy, and the effects of gravity over time. Unfortunately, those are not usually the types of changes that people your age want or want to wait for. Most likely, the best approach for the results you desire will breast augmentation with a silicone or saline breast implant. However, implants are not lifetime devices and implantation in a woman your age must come with the understanding that you will likely require revision sometime in the future. Seek an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon to explore your options and develop a plan that works best for you. 

Joseph Parks, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Breast changes in adulthood

Your breasts are done growing by age 23 with a few exceptions:

1. Pregnancy: pregnancy will make your breasts larger.  Following pregnancy and breastfeeding, you may stay larger, go back to your original size, or (most frequently) get smaller.
  2. Weight gain: since your breasts are partially composed of fatty tissue, any change in weight may change breast size.

Ronald Friedman, MD
Plano Plastic Surgeon

Breast Size

Your breast size is most likely fully developed at the age of 23. But changes in your life might change your breast size. Weight gain and pregnancy along with nursing will change your breast shape and size. I wish you well in your research.

David Rosenstein, MD
Boynton Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast growth after 23 years old

It's very unlikely. Most women have fully developed breasts after around 18 years of age. While things like weight gain/loss and pregnancy can change the breast size and appearance, it's unlikely that they will change much naturally over the next years.

Dr. Blagg

Austin, TX

Ross Blagg, MD
Austin Physician

Will Breast keep growing after 23?

In my experience most women do not usually have a significant change in breast size after age 23. However, there are some circumstances where size changes do occur.

-Some women have minor breast size changes during each monthly cycle.

-Pregnancy can cause breast size changes which can sometimes be dramatic.

-Hormone imbalances can also cause breast size changes, this is usually rare.

-The most common reason for breast size changes that I see are gaining or losing weight which can  dramatically change breast size in some women.

Kevin Snodgrass, MD
Rome Plastic Surgeon

When are my breast fully developed?

Thank you for your question.  A woman's breasts are not fully developed until they have been pregnant and breast-fed.  The size of your breasts can continue to change throughout your life with fluctuations in your weight as well.  As you get older, the dense breast tissue which is more prevalent when you were younger is replaced with fatty tissue.  This can lead to additional fluctuations in the size of your breast as you gain and lose weight.  Breast augmentation can help replace the volume lost  secondary to previous pregnancies and/or weight gain followed by loss.  Hope this helps, good luck! 

John L. Clayton, MD, PhD, MPH
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Breast Development at 23

Breasts should be fully developed by 23. Consult in person with an experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeon to understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS