Will Breast Keep Growing After 23?

Im a small 34b im 23 years old but look 16 will my breast stay this size or like i said i look 16 is it possible that my body is developing at a slower rate i guess?

Will breasts keep growing after age 23

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Breasts will have fully developed by age 23. Changes in weight and / pregnancy can change the breasts. Many women are fully developed, but have very minimal breast tissue  As a surgeon, I see women see many adult women with very little breast tissue prior to breast augmentation surgery who elect to have breast augmentation and have a beautiful, natural result. 
The trend among young women today seems to be a desire for breast implants that provide a natural results. The size of the breast implant is one factor in determining a natural look. We all have seen small breast implants with a distinctly unnatural look.  The breast implant must be the correct shape for a woman's body type, and very important is the placement on the chest. Breasts that are too high, too low, too far apart or too close together do not look natural, and it is not the look most women want. 
It is possible for breast implants to last a lifetime. Think about the look you want and carefully research the plastic surgeon you will be trusting with your health, and to make this permanent change in your body. 

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Breast Growing at 23

At 23, your breasts have completed their development. That being said, your breast will continue to change with weight gain, pregnancy, and the effects of gravity over time. Unfortunately, those are not usually the types of changes that people your age want or want to wait for. Most likely, the best approach for the results you desire will breast augmentation with a silicone or saline breast implant. However, implants are not lifetime devices and implantation in a woman your age must come with the understanding that you will likely require revision sometime in the future. Seek an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon to explore your options and develop a plan that works best for you. 

Joseph Parks, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Your breast can change throughout your life time

If you are a late developer your breast may continue to change a bit, and your breast will indeed change throughout your life. The breast isn't mature until your first pregnancy when the glandular breast will develop. Size can change with weight loss or gain as well. If volume is the issue an augmentation might be right for you.

Will Breast Keep Growing After 23?

Thank you for your question. It is unlikely your breasts are going to develop any more at this stage. If it is a concern breast augmentation is an excellent option. Please consult with a board certified PS for evaluation.

Breast growth completion

Breast growth occurs during puberty, and once puberty is complete, so is the size of your breasts. Breast size may change with weight changes, pregnancy or while taking oral contraceptives.  Breast growth is typically complete by age 18. Other signs of completion of sexual maturity in women include pubic hair with adult distribution and onset of menses. 

Kimberly Carpin, MD

Breasts continue to change throughout a woman's lifetime.

Although breast development is an individual characteristic of every woman, we can generally say that breasts will stop developing at the end of puberty. If you are in your late teens to early twenties, your breasts are most likely fully developed. However, you should take into consideration that your breasts can change throughout your lifetime - you will see them grow during pregnancy and breastfeeding, they might become bigger or smaller if you gain or lose weight, and many women even notice changes in their breast size during different parts of their menstrual cycle.

I hope that answers your question on breast development. It’s great that you’re doing this research. I always say that the best patients are informed patients.

You might also want to research your options for breast implants. Choosing the right implant is the number one concern among women considering breast augmentation. Did you know, there’s actually a way to select an implant shape, size, and profile that is perfect for you?

A term that I use with my patients for the perfect implant is the “Pony Implant”.

So what do I mean by “perfect”? Well, a Pony Implant has three qualities to it. First, the implant meets your beauty goals. For example, you want to your breasts to look fuller while still appearing natural.

Second, when you choose your Pony Implant, you walk out of your consultation 100% confident that you’ve chosen the right shape and size for you. In other words, you won’t be second guessing your decision, and you won’t be afraid of having gone too big or too small.

And third, after your procedure, you are thrilled with your results, and say, "I’m so happy. This is exactly what I wanted!"

That’s the Pony Implant. And the great news is that there is a simple process to go about finding yours.

This issue of selecting the right implant is so important when it comes to patient satisfaction or dissatisfaction that, again, I really encourage you to learn more about it.

Thank you for reading and best of luck on your journey!

William Rahal, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Will breasts keep growing into your 20s?

As other surgeons have expressed, the most likely scenario is that your breasts have finished developing at the age of 23, as full breast development completes relatively early in life. While general development will vary from person to person, breast size usually plateaus in the early 20s. However, breast structure, size and shape may fluctuate throughout the course of a woman’s life due to changes related to weight gain/loss, pregnancy and breastfeeding, as well as menopause.

If you’re concerned about the current size of your breasts at this stage in life, it may be worth consulting with a board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in breast augmentation. He or she will be able to give you the final verdict after an examination and thorough discussion.

Colin White, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Breast changes in adulthood

Your breasts are done growing by age 23 with a few exceptions:

1. Pregnancy: pregnancy will make your breasts larger.  Following pregnancy and breastfeeding, you may stay larger, go back to your original size, or (most frequently) get smaller.
  2. Weight gain: since your breasts are partially composed of fatty tissue, any change in weight may change breast size.

Ronald Friedman, MD
Plano Plastic Surgeon

Breast Size

Your breast size is most likely fully developed at the age of 23. But changes in your life might change your breast size. Weight gain and pregnancy along with nursing will change your breast shape and size. I wish you well in your research.

David Rosenstein, MD
Boynton Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast growth after 23 years old

It's very unlikely. Most women have fully developed breasts after around 18 years of age. While things like weight gain/loss and pregnancy can change the breast size and appearance, it's unlikely that they will change much naturally over the next years.

Dr. Blagg

Austin, TX