Will Breast Keep Growing After 23?

Im a small 34b im 23 years old but look 16 will my breast stay this size or like i said i look 16 is it possible that my body is developing at a slower rate i guess?

Will breasts keep growing after age 23

Breasts will have fully developed by age 23. Changes in weight and / pregnancy can change the breasts. Many women are fully developed, but have very minimal breast tissue I have provided a link to my breast augmentation gallery. You will see many adult women with very little breast tissue prior to breast augmentation surgery who elect to have breast augmentation and have a beautiful, natural result. 
The trend among young women today seems to be a desire for breast implants that provide a natural results. The size of the breast implant is one factor in determining a natural look. We all have seen small breast implants with a distinctly unnatural look.  The breast implant must be the correct shape for a woman's body type, and very important is the placement on the chest. Breasts that are too high, too low, too far apart or too close together do not look natural, and it is not the look most women want. 
It is possible for breast implants to last a lifetime. Think about the look you want and carefully research the plastic surgeon you will be trusting with your health, and to make this permanent change in your body. 

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Your breast can change throughout your life time

If you are a late developer your breast may continue to change a bit, and your breast will indeed change throughout your life. The breast isn't mature until your first pregnancy when the glandular breast will develop. Size can change with weight loss or gain as well. If volume is the issue an augmentation might be right for you.

Breast Size

Your breast size is most likely fully developed at the age of 23. But changes in your life might change your breast size. Weight gain and pregnancy along with nursing will change your breast shape and size. I wish you well in your research.

David Rosenstein, MD
Boynton Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast growth after 23 years old

It's very unlikely. Most women have fully developed breasts after around 18 years of age. While things like weight gain/loss and pregnancy can change the breast size and appearance, it's unlikely that they will change much naturally over the next years.

Dr. Blagg

Austin, TX

Ross Blagg, MD
Austin Physician

Will Breast keep growing after 23?

In my experience most women do not usually have a significant change in breast size after age 23. However, there are some circumstances where size changes do occur.

-Some women have minor breast size changes during each monthly cycle.

-Pregnancy can cause breast size changes which can sometimes be dramatic.

-Hormone imbalances can also cause breast size changes, this is usually rare.

-The most common reason for breast size changes that I see are gaining or losing weight which can  dramatically change breast size in some women.

Kevin Snodgrass, MD
Rome Plastic Surgeon

When are my breast fully developed?

Thank you for your question.  A woman's breasts are not fully developed until they have been pregnant and breast-fed.  The size of your breasts can continue to change throughout your life with fluctuations in your weight as well.  As you get older, the dense breast tissue which is more prevalent when you were younger is replaced with fatty tissue.  This can lead to additional fluctuations in the size of your breast as you gain and lose weight.  Breast augmentation can help replace the volume lost  secondary to previous pregnancies and/or weight gain followed by loss.  Hope this helps, good luck! 

John L. Clayton, MD, PhD, MPH
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Breast Development at 23

Breasts should be fully developed by 23. Consult in person with an experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeon to understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Breast growth

At 23 years old, your breasts are most likely fully developed. However, breast size can change in the future as a result of weight fluctuations, pregnancy, etc. If you are truly unhappy with the small size of your breasts, a breast augmentation may be right for you. Find a board certified plastic surgeon who is an expert at breast augmentation surgery and schedule a consultation so together you can determine if breast implants are right for you. Good luck!

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD, FACS

You're probably done...for now!

Hello bebe1101, First I would look to the women in your family and perhaps asks at the ages they stopped developing, sometimes you see similarities in lineage, sometimes not. It could be an indicator if you see similarities with several women on the same side of the family. However, at 23, one would think you are at a stopping point for natural development. You may see continued changes if you start/change certain medications mostly birth control, if you gain weight, and of course if you become pregnant. Barring you do not for see any of these changes happening and you don't see any changes in your breasts for about 6 months, you should safely be able to assume your breast are at a stable size. Thanks for your question!

William Aiello, MD

Will Breast Keep Growing After 23?

Though factors such as weight fluctuation and pregnancy can affect breast size, they are typically finished developing by age 23. If you are looking to increase the size of your breasts, you may be a candidate for breast augmentation. I would recommend having a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Scott Chapin, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon