Brazilian Butt Lift for V-shaped Buttocks and Narrow Hips?

I am 5'4", 26" waist, and 35" hips. I mainly gain weight at midsection/flanks/inner thigh area. I have very pinched in butt cheeks toward the center. I seek contour and uniformity over immense localized volume. I also lack volume on the lower side of my hip areas (I have high placed hips). I would like my butt and hips to have harmony together rather than jagged edges. Do I have enough fat to harvest for Brazilian Butt Lift?

Dear SterlingCoco,

Thank you for the photo but in order to truly determine if you have enough fat to harvest for a BBL without leaving a secondary donor defect, one would like to see photos of the abdomen, thighs, and possibly upper back.  If you di have enough fatty tissue in these areas, you would be a good candidate for a BBL.  You have good skin tone and areas of fullness in the central buttock that do not need more volume.  By adding more volume to the lateral buttock and decreasing volume in the lower back/flanks, you should obtain a very nice result.   Of course this requires a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who can help you better define your goals and how to achieve them.

Best of luck.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Yes, you are a great candidate for this procedure. Seek a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Brazilian butt lift for V shaped buttocks and narrow hips

Thanks for your question and photo.  The Brazilian butt lift with fat grafting to the hips seems like a great procedure to address your concerns.  You may need to gain a little weight prior to surgery.  I would need a photo of your abdomen and/or your weight to better snswer your question.

Andrew Jimerson, MD

Ca Buttock question

Great idea to include the photo, it's quite helpful.  Your dimensions as well make this question more fun to answer so that we are talking more specifics rather than generalities.

In the photo, I agree that you have a Vshaped muscle but interestingly, I see your frame to be a narrow Ashape.  This could provide great prognosis for your result.  You seem to carry around a modest amount of fat pockets but I think your medial and lateral thighs in addition to the lumbar region and lower back and flanks would combine with whatever you had in your back and abdomen for a substantial collection of fat.  You don't need a considerable amount of augmentation.  Most of the time the fat is used for reshaping (that point in the mid buttock that dents in for example) and thinning of your inner thighs and transition areas around your gluteus max and min muscles.  You're a great candidate for the surgery.. I wonder if you've done it by now. 

Best Wishes,

DoctorMeade

Ricardo A. Meade, MD

The Brazilian Butt Lift is Really about Redistributing your tissues...

Hi there-

The Brazilian Butt Lift is extremely popular, and very effective in achieving patient's desired buttock shape because it really should best be thought of as a RESHAPING of the buttocks AND the surrounding areas. This is very important, because we don't look at the buttocks in isolation, but rather within the context of the surrounding areas, such as the hips, thighs, and abdomen. Sometimes subtle changes in the buttocks, combined with changes in the context (changes in the shape of the buttocks, hips, abdomen, etc) produce a dramatic improvement in the overall shape.

Without examining you in person, it is not possible to say whether you would be a good candidate for this procedure, but from the photo you supply it looks like you may be a good candidate, particularly as it sounds like your goal is not a dramatic increase in size of the buttocks, but rather a reshaping as described above.

Find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your community with experience doing these procedures and visit for a consultation.

BBL for V Shaped Buttocks

Thank you for your question and picture! I would suggest you gain weight prior to your surgery and find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs these regularly!

Dr Dhaval Patel
Double Board Certified 
Plastic Surgeon
Chicago
Hoffman Estates 
Oak Brook 

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

A Brazilian butt lift can be used to change the contour of the buttocks. The key is having enough fat to donate to your buttocks. Fat can be harvested from the abdomen, flanks, upper back, inner and outer thighs, and sometimes the arms. You don't appear to have a lot of fat, but only an in person consultation can determine whether you're a good candidate for surgery.

Make sure to see a board-certified plastic surgeon. They will want to know about your goals they will be able to examine you and help you decide which procedures are right for you. 

Brazilian Butt Lift for the Narrow Hip Patient

Hello and Great Question.  I appreciate the time you are spending researching this procedure.  My name is Dr. Matthew J. Nykiel.  I am a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, a Fellowship Trained Cosmetic Surgeon, and a Butt Augmentation Specialist.

Narrow Hips and V-Shaped Bodies (Butts) are great candidates for the procedure!  Why?  Because, a V-shaped body (Fat collecting in the flanks and a narrow hip); responds great to a Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL) or Liposuction & Fat Transfer. The liposuction portion will remove the excess fat in your waist, flank, back, and tummy. This brings the waist in and accentuates the hour glass.

Then the fat will be used to contour your butt and hips. Specifically, to widen your hips inline with your goals. The bigger and rounder/wider desired butt, the more fat that will be needed.  

HOW DO WE KNOW HOW MUCH FAT IS NEEDED?

I think the "right" amount of fat to transfer depends on 3 factors:
1.      How much fat is available to transfer.  What do I mean fat available after liposuction?  Well, when liposuction is performed it removes fluid, blood, other tissue and Fat.  Injecting anything other than Fat will not give you a rounder or fuller butt long term.  In fact, I believe lack of fat processing may be one of the main reason why individuals complain of  significant volume loss to the butt after surgery.  Typically, after processing of the liposuction fluid, about 50% is high quality injectable fat.  So in-order to get enough fat; we have to have enough to lipo.  Do you have enough to lipo?  Typically, that requires either a virtual or in-person consultation to answer.
2.      How “stretchable” is the skin? Your skin will only stretch so much to hold the fat.  Think about it like a water balloon under a faucet.  I can leave the water balloon under the running faucet all day, but it will only fill up to its maximum stretch.  After that, it will either break or the water will simply spill over.  In a BBL, if you go beyond this threshold, than you start to risk infection and/or fat necrosis (hard fat lumps after surgery).   
3.      Finally, how big and/or curvy do you want to go? The bigger and curvier you desire, the more fat needs to be transferred.  At least 10-20% of the fat injected will simply be re-absorbed.  Therefore, you need to be "over-filled" so that after the swelling and fat absorption you the "right" volume left.  In my hands, my average volume I put it around ~800cc to 900cc/side.  Smaller individuals will have slightly less and larger individuals will have slightly more.  If someone expressed they wanted a significantly large but then I would place more fat (up until their skin would no longer stretch to hold it). 

WHAT IF YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH FAT?  

Other options to think about:  A) combination of butt implant and fat grafting to achieve an extremely round and projected butt.  I think this is a great option if: 1) You want an extremely and significantly round or projected ("pop") to the butt or 2) If you have some fat that could be utilized to round/shape the butt but not enough fat to give volume or "pop" to the butt or 3) You don't have enough fat to accomplish your goals.  If you choose to go this route, I think an important thing to remember is cc of fat does not equal cc of silicone implant.  I would think of a cc of silicone implant as equal to 2-4 cc of fat injected.  The silicone implant gives significantly more "lift".  The fat grafted can then be used to shape/round the butt and "soften" the implant.  

What if you absolutely do not want an implant?  Well than option "B") utilize fat transfer to the butt and then non-surgical volume with fillers.  I like to use a proprietary technique and combination of fillers that creates volume and causes the body to form new collagen!  Thus, becoming a permanent filler like fat!

HOW TO KNOW IF YOU HAVE ENOUGH FAT?

In order to determine this, an in-person or virtual consult needs to be performed.  In my experience, I need to see at least 8 photo views of your torso (Tummy view, Tummy at 45 degrees x2 view, Side View x2, Back/Butt view,  Butt/Back at 45 Degrees x2).

Best of Luck!  Please reach out if you have any further questions or concerns.

Matthew J. Nykiel, MD
#TopREALSELFDoctor
#CoreREALSELFDoctor
Butt Augmentation Specialist
Liposuction Specialist

Brazilian butt lift for v-shaped buttocks and narrow hips?

Impossible to answer your question really without examining you. In principle you will need to have enough fat reserves to transfer to your hips and buttocks. That will round out your lateral curves. Buttock implants are generally needed to augment buttock projection posteriorly.

Thank you for your question and photo,

Yes a Brazilian Butt Lift is a good procedure for you, An evaluation is necessary. Seek  a Plastic surgeon to perform your procedure. Best luck to you.

Orlando Llorente, MD