How Much Does a Brazilian Butt Lift Cost?

My hips are about 40 inches. I would love my dimensions to read 36-30-46. That's what I would love... would this be achieveable this with a Brazilian butt lift?  How much does the procedure cost?

Cost of Brazilian butt lift

I agree with Dr. Francis -

6 inches for autologous fat is an enormous change.

In my San Francisco area practice we use autologous fat transfer from liposuction to augment buttocks... in other words... a brazilian butt lift. The great thing about this procedure is it removes fat from where you don't want it and puts it where you do... Fat transfer is a permanent way to improve your contour.

Costs are typically $8500 up to $15,000 depending on the complexity with most people being around $10K.

The Brazilian buttlift is a fabulous procedure that can produce a very dramatic alteration in overall patient physique. I believe that 2 hours of surgery can accomplish what cannot be accomplished with decades in the gym, if you seek out the right surgeon. I frequently liposuction 5 liters and transfer 1000 cc to 2000 cc per buttock, but this amount can be fine tuned based upon patient desires and expectations.

I frequently add fat to the buttocks and the hips at the same time upon patient request.

The cost varies from $6000 on the low end to $15000 on the high end.

I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

It is well worth the cost!

On average the cost of Brazillian Butt Lift ranges from 9 to 16 thousand dollars. 

Despite the cost, this is one of the most transformative procedures we perform in cosmetic plastic surgery today - not only is the buttocks transformed, but the body too. The result is soft, natural and long lasting with the proper surgical technique and postoperative care. 

My patients have had a tremendous level of satisfaction with this procedure. 

Sejal M. Patel, MD

Depends on many factors

Hello, as you may know, the price range will depend on several things like the surgeon who performs the surgery and the location, and the amount of fat that needs to be suctioned. In the Dominican Republic the price range may go from 3000 up to 5000 usd aproximately. Hope my answer helped you. Best wishes.

Luis Tactuk Simo, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift Cost in Baltimore

To get bigger hips with a Brazilian Butt Lift, you need 2 things:

• 1) The ability to inject large volumes of fat to the buttocks- We routinely inject more than 600 cc's (about 1.3 pds) per buttock cheek, and our record is 1,100cc's per buttock cheek. 
  •  
  • 2) Inject fat into the hips directly. We have been doing this for a while and we are very comfortable with it. Check out our link below for more info on fat injection to the hips

In terms of cost, the brazilian butt lift cost varies wildly across geographic areas, as well as among surgeons.  I have heard everything: $8K total to $25K total.  If general, if a surgeon states that he can perform this procedure in 3-4 hours I would be concerned that he is extracting and injecting fat too quickly with less than optimal techniques.  The fat must be injected in small amounts at various levels in order for the fat graft to be permanent.  This involves hundreds of injections.

If the above steps are followed, the procedure usually takes ~7 hours. As of summer 2013, the cost in my AAAASF accredited surgery center is ~$15,000 Total Cost. This includes my surgery fee, Operating Room, recovery, Board Certified anesthesiologist, and post op office visits. 

If you are comparing prices,  please be sure to consider the experience and credentials of the surgeon, the length of the procedure, if the Surgery Center is accredited by the AAASF or Medicare, and if they are using Board Certified Anesthesiologists.

Several years ago, I recorded this video below about techniques used for the Brazilian Butt Lift. The techniques which I describe are still used to achieve the best, long lasting butt augmentation result.

Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez

Baltimore, Maryland 

Ricardo L. Rodriguez, MD

This may be possible, but the long-term size may be slightly less

Considering you were starting at a size 40 going to 46, it may be possible.

Unfortunately, fat transfer is not always predictable, and all patients lose some of the volume with time.

We typically charge $5,000 on top of the regular liposuction fees for fat transfer.

Mats Hagstrom, M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift and Best Pricing

Your goals can definitely be achieved. The first priority is making sure that we have enough fat to use for the transfer to achieve that goal. Pricing at our center starts at $4500 including 12 areas of liposuction. 

Cost of the Brazilian Butt lift

The cost of the Brazilian Butt Lift depends primarily in the number of areas treated by liposuction in order to get the desired body contour and amount of fat necessary for obtaining the best and most harmonic result within the desires of the patient. The type of liposuction, the type and time for anaesthesia also play an important roll when it comes to pricing. Volume does not play an important factor in the pricing of liposuction.
It should cost approximately $4000-$5000.

Gustavo Almanzar, MD

The Cost of Looking and Feeling Sexy

Yes, you can look and feel sexier.

The Brazilian Butt Lift is a great procedure. It is liposuction, and grafting the pure fat particles that would otherwise be discarded into the buttocks. It's a win win. The lipo  reshapes your whole body and the grafting adds volume where you want it in your buttocks. The process is limited by the amount of fat that can be suctioned SAFELY. This is the key. You never want to compromise safety. The guidelines for maximum in office outpatient surgery for liposuction is at 5000cc. This means that around 5000cc. of fat can be safely suctioned without compromising your safety. You dont want more than this suctioned.

I use utmost care with straining of the fat. Plus,you want to use the smaller cannulas to harvest the fat so the particles that are suctioned are small. This takes more time but the end result is better because the smaller fat particles have the best take when grafted directly into the muscle. Therefore, you will not lose as much volume after the surgery. I can usually harvest around 1000cc. of pure fat from the 5000cc. of the liposuction aspirate. I dont know how many inches this will translate into but the buttocks will be fuller and better shaped.

This surgery is long when done properly and needs a lot of people to be involved. In New York where I practice the procedure costs around $10,000-$15,000.  

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Butt lift cost

There are many ways to improve the aesthetics of the gluteal region as listed below.  It sounds like a brazilian butt lift is a good option but I am not sure if the results you seek are obtainable without seeing your current body type and donor areas.  Below I address the various butt augmentation options and give rough prices.

1.  Buttock implants- a solid silicone implant is placed under the gluteal muscle to improve the size and shape of the buttock.  These can be fraught with complications so I tend to avoid them as I feel I can get a longer lasting more natural result with other techniques. Priceless as I do not do them

2. A brazilian butt lift uses liposuction to harvest fat from other areas of your body and injects them using a special technique back into the gluteal area.  This uses your own tissue which is much better than butt implants which tend to shift and are much harder. Totally depends on the number of areas that are liposuctioned and the amount of fat placed into the gluteal region.  5-10K

3. Posterior body lift is another form of a butt lift which places a scar at the top of the butt and removes the excess or sagging skin.  This is a good option but achieves different result and addresses a different problem typically associated with massive weight loss.  7-10K