Steri strips off. Are these keloid scars? (Photo)

I'm 21 days PO. I had a full anchor lift with implant replacement from 339cc silicon to 600cc silicone and underneath my left breast there's a small patch of skin that's not flat like the other scars. I'm wondering if this is normal & if it will flatten out itself or if it's something to be concerned about? It doesn't hurt or itch and it's not hard. Someone said it might be keloiding?

Scars post aug

I think you are correct and since you are only about 3 weeks out I would try some scar creams and silicone sheets to see if I could get it to settle down.Also pressure from your bra starp will help.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Hypertrophic scar

Hi... Thank you for the question and photos.... It seems to be you are having a hypertrophic scar issue... I suggest you the use of silicone sheets to help reduce this

Luis A. Mejia, MD

Scars under the breasts

Thanks for the question.  Surgical scars clearly change over a period of time after surgery has been performed.  Your scars are not perfectly flat, but rarely are this soon after surgery was performed. I use scar fade as a topical product after surgery, but there are many approaches that can be followed, and many times scars will simply get better over time.  I would always advise you to see your Plastic Surgeon for an opinion and direction if you have a concern.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger MD. Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Scars

Best to see your PS or anothe one to evaluate these incisions and offer scar therapy. I use silicone sheets, mederma, and red laser therapy sessions. .

Scars a few weeks after surgery

A keloid happens several months after surgery from overgrowth of collagen, and thankfully it's rare.

You are seeing "eversion" of the skin edges (bunching up due to placement of the stitches in the deep layer of the skin). That will probably flatten within another 6-12 weeks, and your scar will continue to improve for a year or two after surgery. 

Ask your surgeon about scar creams, scar strips, and scar massage if you want to do anything beyond giving your scars time to heal. Good luck. 

Dana Goldberg, MD
Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

Steri strips off. Are these keloid scars?

Your incision looks to be healing normally. It is common for scars to look slightly puckered or raised initially following surgery, once the sutures dissolve you will notice the incisions will start to flatten.

Michael E. Ciaravino, MD