1 Month post Botox: Whole face is swelling and red, I also have a fever... Could it be from botox?

See your doctor

This appears to be unusual and should be checked out, but it may be unrelated to your Botox treatment since it has been already a month after your treatment. For this reason, please see your doctor.

Botox and Facial Swelling

The generalized systemic reaction you are describing with fever and redness can be quite serious.  Although it is unlikely that one month later it could be caused by your injections, I would return immediately to your dermatologist for examination to see what the cause of your reaction is.  Please keep me posted.

BOTOX Cosmetic Infection Unlikely

Hi there. I'm sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. Since it's been a month since your treatment, it's unlikely that the symptoms you're experiencing are caused by BOTOX Cosmetic. See your general practitioner as soon as you can to determine whether you're suffering from an allergy, an infection, or something else. Good luck!

Jody Comstock, MD
Tucson Dermatologic Surgeon

1 month post-Botox

The reaction you describe would not occur from Botox treatment one month prior. I would recommend having a board certified physician examine you, as there may be another issue that is causing the symptoms you describe. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Swelling face and fever one month after Botox

• A red, swelling face and fever suggests a facial infection.
  • It is unlikely to be from Botox given a month ago.
  • You should contact your regular doctor promptly or seek emergency care. Best wishes.

Swollen and red 1 month after Botox

No, at this point in time, one month, what you are experiencing is unrelated to your Botox injections. It sounds like you might be having an allergic reaction to something, but in no way could Botox be in your system for a month before causing an issue like this.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."