Where Exactly is Botox Injected in Order to Create a Browlift?

I thought it was somewhere above the brow, but I read recently that it's in the crow's feet area.

Botox brow shaping

Thank you for your question. Shaping the brows is one my favorite parts of using Botox. It requires a very detailed understanding of the underlying anatomy as well as assessing each individual while they are animating their brows. By carefully placing Botox in the muscles that depress the brow, you can cause the brow to rest and relax in a lifted position. There are limits to how much you can lift, and for some surgery is better option. Incorrect assessment or placement can also lead to the reverse effect, so overall technique is critical. You can also shape the brow different. For example, you can raise the tail of the brow vs creating a raised arched brow vs creating a raised horizontal brow. It depends on the individual's desired brow aesthetic goals. I would consider this a very advanced technique so I would query your injector on their experience in this area.
As far as how many units may be needed, this also depends on which part of the brow you want to correct. For the inner brows, you may consider ~20 units (same as the frown line treatment). For the middle or outer brow, I generally use up to 5 units on each side.
You may also want to consider adding fillers to shape and raise the brow. Combining the two products can work synergistically together.

Brow lift with Botox

The location of the brow on your face is a function of the muscles above the brow contracting and raising the brow and the muscles below contracting and lowering the brow.  Your provider should be able to discuss with you what type of brow position you would prefer and place the product appropriately to attain the optimal result.  
I typically treat the forehead area conservatively to keep a natural look and almost always place several units under the tail of the brow when treating the crows feet area to attain a subtle and natural appearing lift to the lateral brow.

Best Regards,

Jacque P. LeBeau, MD 

Jacque P. LeBeau, MD
Pensacola Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox injected into brow depressors creates eyebrow lift

We can lift the brows by weakening the muscles that pull down on the brow.

There are five depressors of the eyebrow:
1) procerus (muscle the pulls down on the brows, creating a horizontal crease at the top of the nose
2) R and L corrugator (muscles that pull the brows inward and downward, creating the 11 lines)
3) R and L obicularis oculi (muscle that encircles the eye, allowing it to close tightly)

To lift the medial part of the brow, inject the glabella, procerus, and corrugators (also know as the glabella). 

To lift the lateral aspect of the brow, inject the ocibularis oculi.  This can be done above the brow or below it, since the muscle stretches encircles the eye and often extends above the brow.

Best Place For Botox Brow Lift

That is correct, Botox is injected in the crows foot area to lift the tail of the brow. It is injected more superficially than other areas and should be done by an expert injector. Botox is a muscle paralyzing substance that is injected into or near facial muscles by a doctor or nurse injector to weaken or prevent it from working for a period of months.
It may seem counter-intuitive that paralyzing facial muscles can lift your brow, but this is exactly how Botox works. Our faces have muscles that pull in opposing directions, so in the case of the brow the idea is to paralyze the muscles that pull downward while leaving the ones that lift the brow untouched.

Get a browlift with Botox/Dysport

Great question.  You can get a browlift usually with Botox/Dysport depending on where it is injected.  To get a lateral browlift you would treat the crow's feet area as well as a little under the lateral aspect of the eyebrow.  To get a medal lift you could do a typical glabella treatment.  Please understand that you would diminish the results if you also has part of the forehead treated because that is the muscle that raises the eyebrow and if you relax that muscle you probably won't get the brow lifted.  Good Luck.

Robert F. Gray, MD, FACS

Facial Plastic Surgeon

Robert F. Gray, MD, FACS
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. If you are complaining about your dropped eyebrows and you think that you will look better if your eyebrows are located higher, then you are a good candidate for eyebrow lifting operation. However only eyebrow lifting operation does not always help. You may get benefit from forehead lifting and fat transfer to forehead area if you have severe problems in your forehead area.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Botox Brow Lift

There are muscles in the face that pull down the eyebrows and muscles that lift up the eyebrows. A skilled Botox injector can carefully inject just the muscles that pull down, giving a lift to the brows. This will also give the eyes a more open look. Botox, if placed in the proper position can raise the eye brows a few millimeters.

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Botox for brow lift

Thank you for your question

3 main muscles control the height of the eyebrow . 

The frontalis muscle elevates the brow. This muscle is located above the eyebrows. Botox in this muscle will smooth out your forehead But Drop your eyebrows. There are 2 main muscles that pull your eyebrow down. The corrugators , which are located in between the eyebrows and the depressor orbicularis occuli muscle located over the outer aspect of the eyebrows . If you Botox these 2muscles, the eyebrows will go up .

I hope you find this information useful.

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

Botox Brow Lift

The position of your brow is determined by two groups of muscles Muscles that lift the eyebrow and muscles that lower the eyebrow. In order to get a brow lift, Botox must be injected into the muscles that lower the eyebrow. These muscles are located in the area of the crow’s feet. Injecting into these muscles weaken the muscles that lower the eyebrow, thus allowing the muscles that pull the brow up to work better. The net effect is a subtle lift of the eyebrow. There are different techniques to accomplish this effect. One such technique is to inject in the outermost tail of the eyebrow. There are many variations of this technique. Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss which technique is best for you.

John Diaz, MD

Botox Browlift

In order to raise the brow with botox, we need to weaken the muscles that pull the brow down.  These are the corrugator muscles and lateral orbicularis occuli muscles located on either side of the eyebrow.  When these muscle stop contracting, it allows the brow to raise naturally.  Your physician will give you a detailed plan based on your exact anatomy.

Best Wishes,

Neil Zemmel, MD